Digital Enterprise Transformation Manager (KTP Associate)
School of Business and Enterprise
in Partnership with WCC The West Coast Group
Digital Enterprise Transformation Manager (KTP Associate) REQ000709
Fixed Term for 30 Months
Up to £30,000 per annum (plus company benefits)
30 Month fixed term post with potential for permanent employment;
£5k personal development budget;
Opportunity to register for a Higher Degree at no cost;
Digital Marketing Institute (Digital Marketing Certified professional) or CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing (Digital Marketing) ;
Apply your degree, lead your own project and gain practical management experience;
Work with senior company management to realise benefits to the business;
The School of Business and Enterprise at UWS is well established and an internationally recognised academic centre.
The West Coast Group has evolved over the last 20 -years to become in the Argyll and Bute areas, one of the largest business and one of the most important local employers and supplier of security construction services. The company began in 1994 as a small company (West Coast Cutters) and supplied tree felling services to the Forestry Commission in Argyll & Bute. Today, as WCC West Coast Group Ltd, the company has over 30 employees and supplies in security fencing, security construction, general construction services, landscaping and ground maintenance services largely to the MoD establishments such as HMNB Clyde and RNAD Coulport. Other clients include Babcock International Group, Galliford Try, The Oil and Pipelines Agency, QinetiQ Ltd, etc. WCC has developed and patented innovative solutions to high-security fencing installations and maintenance and seeks to develop further innovations in other areas of interest. WCC West Coast Group Ltd is well positioned to grow and innovate as a specialist supplier to the Defence and Security Industry. Having now established the WCC brand, the partners are now looking to expand the business both locally and at other locations locally or nationally and you will be directly involved in the plans to triple turnover by 2025.
Find out more by visiting: http://www.wccwestcoastgroupltd.co.uk/
This is a unique opportunity to work in one of Scotland’s rising innovation leaders in security construction, and is a 30-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project between the company and UWS, and has the potential for permanent employment.
You will be a graduate in Digital Marketing/ Digital Business Analyst/Digital Business Development background or with a relevant degree involving a significant amount of relevant in digital business experience. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the management team and will be instrumental in realising the company’s exciting plans for business growth, achieved by enhancing the team’s approach to strategic management development, planning and decision making, to implement organisational and cultural change and to build business resilience.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. Please visit: www.ktpws.org.uk
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum MSc in Digital Marketing, E-commerce or related area, or a Bachelors in business with digital marketing related qualification with a demonstrable record of experience in the in the construction sector or in a Digital Business Transformation role.
- Desirable if membership of relevant professional organisation (e.g. DMI, CIM, IDDM)
Essential skills we require include the following:
- Strong background in Digital Transformation in business and Digital Marketing evidenced by qualifications and/or experience.
- Understanding the dynamics and challenges of the construction industry and B2B business development and growing an SME.
- Well-developed project management and research organisational skills.
- Strong numerical, analytical and data handling skills.
- Strong Digital Skills and the ability to work with different digital ecosystems ( preferably with G Suite Enterprise or Business experience )
- Ability to work with Google Analytics / Business Analytics for both external and internal communication systems and approaches.
- Work well with Digital & Social Transformation Technologies (digital cameras, content management systems, internal and external communications platforms such as hubspot).
- Ability to carry out project costing and to compare alternatives based on costs and other factors.
- Expertise in writing and preparation of reports and business cases.
- Ability to deliver results in a highly dynamic organisation under tight schedules.
- Security Clearance (SC) is a requirement for this post as the business is a Principal Contractor of the MoD.
- In addition, the candidate may be required to carry out ad-hoc administration and reporting tasks as required.
- Ability to work independently.
The successful candidate will require to undertake UK Government national security vetting at SC level. Additionally, police vetting at a minimum of NPPV2/CTC level is desirable for the role. Successful applicants not already in possession of SC clearance will need to achieve this during their probation period; training and limited work will be possible once vetting applications have been submitted
If you have questions about this vacancy contact:
T: Mr Theo Tzanidis, 0141 848 3863
Further information, including full description of the job and person specification and details of how to apply, is available at http://www.uws.ac.uk/about-uws/jobs
Closing date: Wednesday 27th March 2019
Interviews to be held: Thursday 11th April 2019.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520