Research Program Assistant II
Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range: $14.00 - $19.25 / Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30a - 5:00p / 40 hrs per week
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 10001152-Mental Health Research Projects
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The RPA II will work full-time assisting research teams/investigators across multiple projects related to issues of adolescent health, including (but not limited to) mental health, mindfulness, intervention/prevention research, school and community based studies, and dissemination.
Must be willing to commit to 1 year of employment. This position is expected to last two years, with possible future funding.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct reviews of scientific literature
- Run reports from research databases and develop reports to share with principal investigator and team.
- Assist in writing and submitting reports, manuscripts, presentations, and grants
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as budgeting/expenses, updating websites, collecting faculty bios, and grant preparation support.
- Tracking/submitting IRB amendments for ongoing and new studies
- Assist in developing and organizing activities and meetings for research projects.
- Participate in project meetings and one-on-one meetings with research staff
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 2 years related experience.
Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. *
- Knowledge of project management software.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field (Public Health, Social Work, Psychology, and Biology) preferred.
- Demonstration of written skills required by submitting one academic writing sample; preferred sample would be a literature review. At least one year working in a research setting.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Excel.
- Highly detailed-oriented with excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent work attitude and habits including reliability, flexibility, and the ability to think and work independently and as a team.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Public Health - East Baltimore Campus
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Administrative jobs in Baltimore
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Administrative jobs in Baltimore
- Permanent Psychology Administrative jobs in Baltimore
- Permanent Social Sciences Administrative jobs in Baltimore
- Permanent Life sciences Administrative jobs in Baltimore