International Protocol, Visits and Delegations Manager
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 8 (Administration)
Salary package: $97,812 - $104,717 plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing
The Australian National University has an enviable international reputation for excellence in research, education and public policy. The university is Australia's most international university, ranked first in Australia and 7th in the world for international outlook according to the Times Higher Education International Outlook Indicator 2017.
The International Strategy & Partnerships (ISP) team, within the broader Global Engagement portfolio, is recruiting for a number of positions to enhance our capacity to deliver a university-wide approach to international engagement and ensure the universities global impact through this engagement.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team.
The core function of the International Protocol, Visits and Delegations Manager role is to lead and manage a high-impact international engagement visit program to meet the strategic goals of the university. The position will work closely with the newly created International Agreements & Compliance Manager and the International Intelligence and Briefings Manager to deliver a seamless understanding of international engagement across the university.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinate the planning, preparation and implementation of international visits to partner institutions, conferences, research centres and government agencies by the University Executive.
- Coordinate the planning, preparation and implementation of international delegations visits from international universities, research centres and governments to the University.
- Develop business processes and systems to ensure international visits across the university are conducted in a coordinated manner to ensure maximum impact while reducing reducing redundancies and duplication.
- Assist in the implementation of the International Visits framework, including associated policies and procedures, to ensure all proposed visits to the university are assessed for value, coordinated for impact and communicated to stakeholders.
For further information please contact Jonathan Dampney, A/ Director International Strategy & Partnerships
Closing Date: 13 March 2019
Position Description: International Protocol, Visits & Delegations Manager_PD.docx
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.