Core Curriculum Program Coordinator
Position Title: CC01 - Core Curriculum Program Coordinator
Department: Dean’s Office
The Community College of Qatar, in collaboration with Houston Community College, opened its doors in September 2010 with an enrollment of 308 full-time students at the West Bay Campus. Today, CCQ is the fastest growing institution in Qatar with an enrollment of 5000 students at five different campuses.
The college offers a number of associate and bachelor degree programs that meet the needs of the labor force in Qatar, for example two-year Associate of Arts/Applied Arts, and Associate of Science/Applied Science degree programs for students wishing to transfer to four-year universities, as well as 2+2-year associate and bachelor's degree programs.
CCQ also offers short-term continuing education and marketable skills certificates for those who wish to develop their knowledge and skills. CCQ has partnered with a number of local and international universities in order to provide students with the opportunity to seamlessly transfer to a university for a bachelor's degree without losing the validation for any of their coursework.
About the Core College Curriculum:
The Core Curriculum is a 30-credit interdisciplinary set of common courses required of all undergraduate students. They are considered a common intellectual foundation (encompassing knowledge and skills) necessary for students before they begin courses specific to different fields of study. Three academic departments, Language and Literature, Humanities and Math and Science provide most of the CCC courses. The courses are grouped into eight component areas: Communication, Mathematics, History, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, General Knowledge.
The Core College Curriculum (CCC) Program Director is an administrative position with faculty status. In addition to reduced load teaching and advising duties in the undergraduate program, the CCC Program Director reports to the Dean’s Office to improve teaching and learning at the CCC Program. Towards this goal, the CCC Program Director is responsible for:
- Creating and sustaining a community of practice among the team of instructors teaching in the CCC Program (e.g. facilitating in-person and electronic communications);
- Implementing collaborative planning and development procedures (primarily for the team of instructors and departments involved in the teaching of CCC courses) with the aim of integrating and aligning syllabi, assignments, shared activities etc.;
- Creating an archive of syllabi, activities and other materials;
- Creating guidelines, templates, and other training materials for instructors teaching in the CCC Program;
- Gathering input from students and instructors involved in the CCC Program to direct future improvements;
- Other duties, as assigned by the College Dean.
The applicant must have a PhD degree in his/her area of specialization from an internationally recognized university.
Experience and skills:
- 3 years of college/university level teaching (work experience in GCC is preferred but not mandatory);
- Expertise and experience in interdisciplinary curriculum design;
- Ability to design and facilitate collaborative group processes, and to lead change processes;
- Commitment to improving student success;
- Ability to understand and align with the College mission and administrative practices;
- Maintaining professional ethical, and responsible interactions with students, faculty, and staff;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Advanced IT skills, ability to use instructional technology.
- Education allowance: up to 3 children (from grade 1 until 18 years old);
- Airplane ticket allowance: for faculty and family members (spouse and 3 children up to 18 years of age) upon first arrival (for overseas staff), at final departure (overseas and local destination), and during summer leave;
- Shipment allowance: upon first arrival (for overseas staff) and at final departure (overseas and local destination);
- Annual basic salary increment: applicable depending on the Annual Performance Evaluation;
- Medical insurance: renewed yearly upon higher management's approval.
How to apply:
Please apply using the Careers portal of CCQ’s website: https://www.ccq.edu.qa/English/Careers/Pages/JobDetails.aspx?JobID=120
You are required to submit the following documents along with the application:
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover letter;
- Letter of Interest (which describes your approach to teaching, learning, service and leadership);
- Contact information of three referees;
- Copy of highest earned degree certificate and transcript.