Senior Manager / Assistant Director - Career Development and Placement Cell
Senior Manager/ Assistant Director - Career Development and Placement Cell
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is a world class Indian university in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India.
JGU is a vibrant intellectual community of 4300 students and 700 faculty and staff members representing more than 20 countries in eight multidisciplinary schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Public Policy, Liberal Arts and Journalism, Art & Architecture and Banking & Finance.
JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curricula, global collaborations, global research and global programmes.
Primary Work Location:
University Campus, Sonipat (NCR of Delhi)
To assist students of a specific school of the University, as may be assigned to the incumbent, in meeting their career aspirations in terms of employment opportunity, internship and further higher studies. It also entails in assessing the training needs of the concerned students of JGU for ensuring higher employability of students and organizing in providing such training
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To maintain regular communications with students, Dean and Faculty of the concerned school in JGU to understand their career aspirations of students.
- To prepare / develop the list and map the international and national organizations, associations and other institutions as the potential employers for placement and internship based on students’ career aspiration
- To develop and maintain a strong relationship with all such international and national organizations, associations, and other institutions. Understand their current and future talent requirements that matches the students’ profiles and influencing them to recruit their such required talents from the students of JGU for final placement and internship.
- Actively do research on potential recruiters and continuously expand the list of such employers in convincing them to source their talent from JGU
- To organize regularly events and programs to build a strong academia – industry connect by way of guest lectures, seminar, and conferences relating to meeting career aspirations of the students
- To work with close collaboration with students and their representative bodies to ensure students career aspirations and efforts and initiatives of the office of the office of career services are in syncs
- To assess the training requirements of students and help in organizing such training and workshop in collaboration with internal and external agencies and experts to gain enhanced employability
- To work in close association with other concerned departments / functions of JGU to assist and guide the concerned students who seek to go in for higher studies
- To create & share regular work & progress reports to senior management
Experience & Qualification:
- Minimum 8 to 12 years of relevant work experience
- Post Graduate’s degree from a reputed Institute/ University with consistent good academic record
- Having well established network with senior leaders of corporate, NGOs and other institutions
- Excellent Public Relations and Networking Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact and build long term relationship with Board member, CEOs and other senior leaders of international and national organizations, associations, and other institutions including foreign embassies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously within the dean and faculty members of the concerned school (s), the team and with students & parents
- Polite and pleasant personality
- Organized and flexible, able to priorities and work independently
- Proactive, self-motivated and positive approach