Distinguished Professor in Management
Zhejiang University - School of Management
School of Management
The School of Management, Zhejiang University conducts teaching and research in two first-tier disciplines according to the disciplinary catalogue developed by the Ministry of Education. They are Management Sciences and Engineering (MSE), and Business Administration (BA). The School has strong teaching and research capabilities in these disciplines. For example, MSE is identified as a key discipline at national level, and BA is a key discipline at the provincial level. The School offers Ph.D. programs in all two first-tier disciplines. In addition, it offers Ph.D. programs in two second-tier disciplines which are Entrepreneurship Management (EM) and Technology and Innovation Management (TIM). The School has a national-level research centers: the National Institute for Innovation Management (NIIM). To facilitate research collaborations both between and within specified fields, the School has also established ten university-level interdisciplinary research centers, such as the Academy of Global Zhejiang Entrepreneurs, and the Zhejiang University Global Entrepreneurship Research Center, as well as twelve university-level research groups.
The School of Management specializes in research fields and specializations for the following areas: Financial Management, Accounting, Technical Economy and Management, Neuro-Management, Operations Management, Marketing, Tourism Planning, Leisure Management, Hotel Management, Resource Economics, Technology Management, System Engineering, Decision Science, Industrial Engineering, Innovation Management, Strategic Management, Management Science and Engineering.
We are seeking to expand in the academic fields of Financial Management, Accounting, Marketing, Innovation Management, Strategic Management and Operation Management.
The School makes social contributions by providing higher education, conducting research and providing social services, and in these respects the School has made continuous and sustainable improvements. For example, since 2000, the number of major national research grants (for instance grants categorized as major or key projects from the National Social Sciences Foundation and the National Natural Sciences Foundation) that the School’s faculty has obtained takes the leading position among Chinese institutes of higher education. The School has also undertaken a large number of projects commissioned by government organizations, private businesses and state-owned enterprises.
The School is the first business school in China that gains international accreditation (AMBA accreditation in 2006). At present, the School is accredited by three major international accreditation institutions (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA) on five-year terms, and by one important domestic accreditation institution (the CAMEA of the Ministry of Education).
The School takes as its mission to cultivate the healthy power leading the future of China. It continues to make innovative and proactive moves in furthering international collaborations, conducting research, nurturing students and fulfilling social responsibilities. The School is well on its way to become a leading think tank and talent pool in China. (see school website here)
Message from the dean
For thirty-five years, the School of Management of Zhejiang University has devoted itself to the advancement of management theories and practices. Embracing the University’s motto which views academic rigor and innovative changes as dialectically involved, the School focuses particularly on innovation and entrepreneurship research and education. Today, the School finds itself in the exciting forefront of China’s market economy. It has distinct disciplinary features and a pool of talented scholars and students, and with these, it readily addresses new challenges and opportunities brought about by changes in global contexts as well as the nation’s development strategies. The School centers its teaching, research and social activities around the values that are suggested by its four mission phrases: globalization, entrepreneurship, innovation, and social responsibility.
We believe that real prosperity comes with fair competitions.
We strive for the cause of the renaissance of the Chinese nation.
And we are open for collaborations, for our ultimate goal is the sustainable development of all human societies and the global environment.
We owe our current achievements to those who have gone before us, and yet we aspire to achieve more. Working closely together with local and global communities, and with faculty members aligning personal values with those of the School’s, we are confident in our endeavors for global excellence.
- He/She who holds this position should lead the development and construction of target discipline, work out the development strategy and make that into implementation. Lead the disciplines and related disciplines group become world top-class discipline;
- He/She who holds this position should introduce and organize international forefront courses or seminars of the disciplines and related cross disciplines;
- He/She who holds this position should plan and host international cooperation or major national research projects and make innovative research achievements;
- He/She who holds this position should build a working team of the disciplines or related cross disciplines, introduce and cultivate high-level young faculties, to gather a group of innovative teaching and research backbones thus to develop a research team with international competitive capacity;
- He/She who holds this position should improve the overall level and international influence of the discipline, and actively promote international academic exchanges.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The applicant should have good work ethics and be rigorous with scientific research;
- The applicant should be a good team leader;
- The applicant should hold professorship in a prominent international university, have great influence in national and international academia with active thoughts and made recognizable achievements worldwide;
- The applicant should have the capacity to cohesion the development of cross disciplines collaboration and lead the disciplines group to surpass or maintain international advanced level;
- The applicant should be a proactive team leader and work full-time at the School of Management, Zhejiang University;
- The applicant in the fields of Management Science and Engineering, Business Administration are preferred.
- A very decent compensation will be paid;
- A very favorable amount of start-up fund will be provided;
- Those qualified may apply for purchasing one of the apartments reserved for talents;
- The applicant will be qualified to supervise doctoral students and facilitate with a research team with outstanding young faculties;
- The School will provide good working conditions with comprehensive office supplies;
- The School will provide a package of welfares including annually physical examination, housing subsidies, favorable dining conditions, etc.
How to Apply
For application please provide a detailed resume, certificates of academic degrees, innovative research achievements and three samples of major publications. These documents may be sent by email via the Apply button below or send directly to Ms Li via firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Distinguished Professor in Management
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly