Starting Salary Range: $16.10-$22.12 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full-Time
Schedule: Working 37.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 60004105-Health Policy & Management -METRC
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The Research Assistant will be primarily involved in basic data management and manuscript preparation for several research projects.
- Will work directly under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and co-investigators. Specific job tasks will include: literature searches, brief summary reports from the literature with guidance from the investigators, collate and organize data for research manuscripts, prepare tables, figures, and references, format research manuscripts for submission to specific journals, perform basic data management and calculations using computerized database and spreadsheet software, review data for accuracy and completeness, assist with data cleaning and data quality review and control as well as maintain and organize study files, effectively prioritize and work on multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines and demonstrate excellent time management skills and efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree in social science, psychology, public health or related discipline.
- Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to use a computer. Ability to work independently and learn quickly, manage multiple tasks and adhere to timelines. Must be detail oriented and have good organizational skills and excellent verbal, interpersonal and writing skills.
Related Work Experience:
- Some related experience. Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Proficient in MS office applications, especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Computer or other special needs for the position:
- SAS and/or STATA programming experience and other quantitative skills are not required, but an interest in learning these will be critical for success on the job.
- JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute of one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information