ACIAR Masters Scholarship
- The project focusses on how agriculture is changing in Bangladesh, Nepal and two states in India
- The scholarship is open to Australian and NZ Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia
- $27,596 per year for two years
About this scholarship
- Studying Economics, Development, Sociology, Psychology, Gender Studies, International Relations or a related field
- Thinking about doing a Masters in 2019?
- Interested in research that helps developing countries?
- nterested in gaining first-hand knowledge and skills in international research?
The research undertaken by the Masters student will be part of a broader development project funded by the Australian government. The project focusses on how agriculture is changing in Bangladesh, Nepal and two states in India (Bihar and West Bengal). Collectively, these make up some of the most populated places on earth and there are major challenges as the dynamics of farming adjust.
The Masters student will be expected to focus specifically on issues tied to the feminisation of agriculture and how this relates to enhancing outcomes for people in the east Gangetic Plain.
he successful applicant will enroll in a full time Masters by Research degree in Applied Economics at UniSA, for which the thesis will be based on work undertaken for the ACIAR project.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Have successfully completed an undergraduate degree.
- Can demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Show enthusiasm for applying themselves and problem solving.
Applicants must be able to commence in 2019, and commit to two years of full time postgraduate research. Travel to developing countries will be required.
$27,596 per year for two (2) years
The scholarship is open to Australian and NZ Citizens and permanent residents of Australia. Applicants must meet the entry requirements for a research degree program at the University of South Australia.
Closing date: Sunday 10 March 2019
Please contact CMR-Research at CMR-Research@unisa.edu.au or via (08) 8302 0457 prior to applying in order to register and request an application form. In addition to the application form, the successful candidate must apply for admission into the Masters by Research Degree in Applied Economics.
To apply, please click on this LINK
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Economics & Econometrics Studentships jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Politics & International Studies Studentships jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Psychology Studentships jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Studentships jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Business & Economics Studentships jobs in Adelaide