Assistant / Associate Professor - JSIA
Assistant/ Associate Professor - JSIA
Institution: O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU)
School/Department: Jindal School of International Affairs (JSIA)
Location: Sonepat, NCR of Delhi, India
Category: Faculty - Liberal Arts – History
Specialty: History - World History
Type: Full Time
Start: August 2019
About the University:
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world class education, located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India.
JGU is a vibrant intellectual community of 4300 students and 600 faculty and staff members representing 32 countries in eight multidisciplinary schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Public Policy, Liberal Arts and Journalism, Art & Architecture and Banking & Finance.
JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curricula, global collaborations, global research and global programmes.
JSIA is looking for a qualified candidate in World History (World history, global history, contemporary history of different regions, diplomatic history, history of international relations, history of developing countries), The successful candidate will teach undergraduate/ graduate courses, conduct research, mentor students and engage in school and university level activities.
The candidate will also be expected to have a scholarly research program in his/her field of expertise that could involve undergraduate students. We are especially interested in candidates who have demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching & scholarship and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with an increasingly diverse array of students and colleagues.
The successful candidate will value collegiality and service to their department/institution along with the demonstrated capacity to teach undergraduate courses. At JGU, we value
interdisciplinary approach and experiential learning, and therefore, we expect the successful candidate to have strong inclination towards these.
Qualification & Experience:
- Doctorate in World History or related discipline at the time of application
- University-level teaching experience in areas related to the focus of the position
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching
- Commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body
Knowledge & Abilities:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to participate in the development of curriculum, including curriculum delivered via new modalities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to assess student learning outcomes.
- Ability and experience in collaborating with faculty and community partners
- Record of funded research projects
- Completed historical work of recognized excellence
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive; commensurate with education and experience.
We offer university accommodation, health coverage, retirement benefits, conference & research grants and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic programs and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community.
Application process is ongoing until the successful candidate is found.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest (teaching & research)
- At least two references with full contact and e-mail information (References will not be contacted without applicant's consent)
Submit your applications to email@example.com
Apply for Assistant / Associate Professor - JSIA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly