Starting Salary Range: $16.09-$22.12
Employee group: Full-Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30 - 5PM
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10002815-SOM DOM Nephrology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The Research Assistant position assists with a wide range of research activities for the Division of Nephrology including literature reviews, coordinating research activities, meeting coordination, ancillary studies, and publication-related activities.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare reports and applications to funding agencies and internal sources including IRB, and investigators • Prepare abstracts and manuscripts • Plan, support, and communicate meetings of investigators • Perform data collection and related work to complete study goals • The Research Assistant should be familiar with library research procedures completing literature searches culminating in the development of and maintenance of a reference library. • Organize Research Conference organization tasks • Conduct reviews of the scientific literature, maintain bibliography • Perform data entry ensuring complete and accurate database entry • Oversee and implement the informed consent procedure • Ensure adherence to study protocols and study quality and maintain patient confidentiality • Create and maintain databases • Study subject recruitment, consenting, and interviewing/administering surveys to study participants and collection of clinical study measures • Creating forms for study use (i.e., recruitment flyers, data collection sheets, consent forms, etc) • Simple statistics in excel • Maintaining records for various research projects • Coordinating conference calls and meetings for various research projects
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field.
- Some related experience preferred. Additional education may substitute for experience.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to make independent decisions. Ability to work for periods of time without direction.
- Ability to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
- Very strong organizational skills, analytical and problem solving abilities, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees as well as outside contacts.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information