Research and Business Development Manager, Life Sciences
Classification: Senior Manager Level 1 - Specialist
Salary package: $111,621 - $117,039 + 17% Superannuation
Terms: Full time, Fixed term (5 years)
- Innovation ANU drives support for research and education projects, programs and partnerships of high commercial-value and/or institution-wide relevance; supporting research investment with a long-term view, on high quality activities in areas of national and international importance.
- With key internal and external stakeholders, the Strategic Projects and Partnerships Group lead the development of partnerships and funding for significant institutional initiatives from identification through to initiation.
- The Research and Business Development Manager (Life Sciences) will work with colleagues to identify and cultivate external and internal partnerships across academia, industry and government to grow and fund institution-wide strategic research initiatives.
The Australian National University (ANU) is delighted to offer an opportunity to support the translation of world-leading multi-disciplinary research, grown from the Life Sciences. The University is seeking to appoint a dynamic and strategic professional to develop a wide range of new collaborative, commercial and translational research opportunities with industry, government and innovation networks across Australia and globally based on University priorities.
As a Research and Business Development Manager at one of Australia's foremost research universities, you will be a key team member of the Pro Vice-Chancellor Innovation's Strategic Projects and Partnerships Group, engaging closely with leading academics in all disciplines across the University with a focus on Life Sciences. Working with the Senior Manager, Research and Business Development (Life Sciences) and the Strategic Projects and Partnerships Group, and with a network of Research and Innovation colleagues at ANU, you will play a crucial role in growing research funding from diverse sources and increasing collaboration with business, industry and other organisations.
We are seeking an outstanding professional with a strong track record in business development, commercialisation or translation of research relevant to Life Sciences. You will be adept at driving collaborations, building relationships (external and internal) and identifying opportunities. You will have a proven track record working with academic institutions and with a range of external partners including government, industry and other institutions, agencies and funding bodies. You will have expertise in the Australian (or comparable) research and innovation funding environment, with a proven ability to navigate complex systems and drive multiple partnership approaches and collaborations.
For further information about the position and for a confidential discussion please contact Robin Fieldhouse at email@example.com.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
Advertised: 13 Feb 2019 09:00:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 12 Mar 2019 11:55:00 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time