Academic Records Officer
Job Code: 7599
Job Grade: G
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description.
Stanford Continuing Studies Program
Stanford University's Continuing Studies Program is a premier adult learning program offering over 600 courses, workshops, and seminars to approximately 18,000 students every year. The mission of Stanford Continuing Studies is to share the rich educational resources of Stanford University with adult students living in the Bay Area and beyond.
Stanford Continuing Studies’ Student Services Team seeks an Academic Records Officer to provide high-quality support to prospective and current students. The ideal candidate will be a conscientious and detail-oriented team player with excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for serving students. Every day is different on the Student Services team, requiring an agile, positive mindset to quickly resolve issues and keep the program running smoothly. If you like problem-solving, interacting with adult learners, and feel excited about the opportunity to be an integral part of one a world-renowned academic environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing high-quality customer service to students over the phone, email, or in person, communicating and applying program policies as needed.
- Processing enrollment transactions such as payments and refunds.
- Validating and fulfilling all transcript requests.
- Managing the grade submission process, working closely with instructors quarterly.
- Serving as a liaison with other programs on campus that offer Continuing Studies credit, and maintaining their enrollment records.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic support and policy interpretation.
- Ability to organize and respond to diverse inquiries from diverse contingencies.
- Strong and proactive customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in collaborative teams.
- Ability to work in high volume, production environment.
- Detail oriented with ability to organize large volumes of data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with business systems and office applications.
In addition, a preferred requirement is:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.