Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Part time
Salary £16,146 - £16,460 pro rata, per annum
Closing date for applications 26-Feb-2019
The University of Bristol Estates Office has part-time and weekend opportunities for enthusiastic and motivated people to work in a number of busy and active cleaning roles. You will be required to work as part of a team and also on your own to deliver the high standards required by the University. You will be expected to maintain a high standard of cleanliness within academic departments, laboratories, libraries and offices in order to maintain a clean, welcoming and safe environment for our students and staff.
Your duties will include vacuuming, damp mopping of floors, scrubbing and polishing floors, damp dusting of furniture and fittings, cleaning of sanitary ware, e.g. shower rooms and wash basins, emptying and cleaning of waste bins, replenishing disposable items, e.g. hand towels, toilet rolls, soap etc. Maintaining equipment and materials in a clean and tidy condition. Previous cleaning experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
Working Patterns Available:
- Working Pattern 1 (5 Posts)
- (Mon-Fri) 17.5 hours per week, early morning start
- 07.00 – 11.00 Mon, 07.00 – 10.30 Tues – Thurs, 07.00 – 10.00 Fri
- Working Pattern 2 (3 Posts)
- (Sat – Sun) 8 hours per week
- 06.00 – 10.00 Sat– Sun OR 07.00 – 11.00 Sat - Sun
- Working Pattern 4 (1 Post)
- (Mon – Fri) 10 hours per week
- 05.00 - 07.00 Mon – Fri
PLEASE INDICATE IN YOUR SUPPORTING STATEMENT WHICH POST/WORKING PATTERN YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Benefits of working for the University
- Up to 23 days paid annual leave, plus 7 days of closure and bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff).
- A generous pension scheme.
- A generous staff discount scheme, staff club and discounted sports facilities membership http://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/staff-benefits/.
For an informal discussion please contact Site Services Department on 0117 928 8060.
The deadline for applications is 11.59pm on Tuesday 26th February 2019.
We appreciate and value difference, seeking to attract, develop and retain a diverse mix of talented people that will contribute to the overall success of Bristol and help maintain our position as one of the world’s leading universities.