Deputy Director, Digital Education
- Full time, 5 year fixed term role
- This role can be based at any of our campus locations
- Attractive salary package
About the role
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor LQI, The Deputy Director will be responsible for the implementation of the University’s strategic direction in digital education. This position will lead a team dedicated to the growth of digital education and digital capability. The primary responsibilities of the team are to further enhance digital education design and development at La Trobe and oversee support for digital technologies used in learning and teaching.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- A PhD or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in, and expertise in relation to, digital education in the tertiary sector.
- Highly developed communication skills, with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff and to work collaboratively across teams and divisions.
- A sound understanding of the principles of customer service.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles and practices of privacy, integrity and equal opportunity and a willingness and capacity to implement required OHS policies and safe work practice.
- Ability to demonstrate drive and integrity through a strong commitment to actions and taking responsibility for role modelling the professional behaviours important to the University: Respect, Integrity, Accountability, Openness & Transparency, Responsiveness, Collegiality.
- Ability to support shared purpose, think strategically and harness information and opportunities to reinforce the vision for the future through identifying clear priorities and using wisdom, judgement and common-sense.
- Proven ability to manage staff and resources.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Tuesday the 26th of February
Position Enquiries: Paula Baron,
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Caitlin Hosking on 9479 1324 email@example.com
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve