PhD Scholarship, Electrical Renewable Energy
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Renewable
- Up to 3 year PhD, Hawthorn location
About the scholarship
A PhD project is available into the Electrical Renewable Energy. The candidate will undertake research to improve the performance of small to medium scale micro grids integrated with Photovoltaic and Storage systems. This research will investigate different approaches in order to improve the power reliability, stability and efficacy of the PV micro girds depending on the project scope. The applicant will be expected to contribute to the field of Electrical Renewable Energy systems and Power Electronics. The candidate will be supervised by an academic team in Swinburne University of Technology and an industry supervisor in Brightcell Energy and will have the opportunity to work with industry and community partners.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A Bachelor degree (Honours) and/or a research master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the research topic (or equivalent)
- Experience in research and development of Electrical renewable energy systems, particularly
- Proven experience in following research topics in the field of Electrical renewable energy:
- PV systems (including BIPV)
- Storage systems
- Power Electronics
- Industrial Electronics
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on begin at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Mehdi Seyedmahmoudian (Senior Lecturer) via email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday 15 March 2019