Industry Engagement Coordinator, Nursing
- Coordinate all regulatory requirements and quality standards to embed into the curriculum
- Engage with industry, fostering partnerships and identifying opportunities for industry-based training
- Coordinate nursing course operations overall
- Part time (0.6), 2-year fixed term opportunity
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU College is the centre for Vocational Education and Training (VET) at Australian Catholic University (ACU). ACU is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No: 3578) and is committed to delivering nationally accredited VET courses from certificate III to diploma level and qualifications in accordance within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). ACU College offers courses in nursing, education support, individual support, early childhood, fitness, leadership, and management, First Aid and CPR. Our courses are offered in Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).
Under the leadership of the National Manager (Nursing), the Industry Engagement Coordinator (Nursing) will coordinate all NSW based professional and government registration and accreditation applications and approvals relating to the Diploma of Nursing. The incumbent in the role will contribute to negotiations with hospitals and other stakeholders (regarding new and existing collaborations) and manages the overall nursing operations including resources, delivery and compliance. More specifically the role will include:
- Engagement with industry partners recommending opportunities for industry-based training as well as reviewing the quality of work placement sites
- Ensuring all regulatory and quality standards are embedded in curriculum
- Implement effective processes to ensure that innovative learning practices are incorporated and opportunities for continuous improvement are identified
- Coordinate both student and Trainer and Assessor recruitment and selection activities
You will need to have:
- Progress towards bachelor or post graduate qualifications in a nursing related field with RTO coordination experience and an understanding of ASQA and ANMAC regulatory guidelines.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – TAE40110 (with TAELLN411/401a and TAEASS502/a/b) or TAE40116
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA Registration (RN) and have current police clearance.
- Capacity to coordinate the work of staff in the development and delivery of nursing courses in the university and within industry.
- Holds a current Police Clearance and Working with Children’s Check (WWCC). Evidence of ability to work with children and contribute to and protect their safety and wellbeing.
The successful applicant will be required to hold a valid working with children clearance for NSW.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $101,111 - $109,432 (pro rata) pa, including salary component $85,440 - $92,471 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be made through Kathi Horton, National Manager, Nursing, ACU College on phone number (03) 9953 3155.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Sunday 24 February 2019 at 11:55pm AEDT
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.