DUH Open House New Grad Clinical Nurse
Duke University Hospital- seeks to hire Registered Nurses who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together. Join us at our upcoming RN hiring event and find the job you’ve been looking for. We’ll have nurse managers on-site and Nurse Recruiters will chat with you about the personal and professional benefits you’ll receive as a Duke Nurse.
There are 2 steps to complete your application and registration for this event:
1st- complete the application. 2nd- Once your application is submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement email “thanking you for applying” and you will be emailed 3 separate links to complete:
- Qualtrics Survey. One completed survey is sufficient for all applications submitted. This survey helps the Recruitment Team to easily identify your work location preference and areas/patient population of interest so that we can directly you accordingly the day of the event. Skill Survey Reference Assessment. While references are not a requirement at the application step of the process, having completed references in advance of the event is highly recommended.
Montage Video Interview. Please plan approx. 30 minutes to complete the interview. Additional instructions will be provided once you click on the video link.
March 7, 2019
5:30pm - 7:30pm
Sheraton Imperial, 4700 Emperor Boulevard, Durham, NC 27703
Work Hours & Shifts:
Full Time: 7a-7p, 12 hour Days AND/OR 7p-7a, 12 hour Nights
Duke University Hospital Opportunities:
- Duke University Hospital has several different specialties available for all new graduate RNs. Opportunities exist in the Emergency Department, Pediatrics, General Medicine, MedSurg, ICUs, Cardiac, Operating Room/Peri-Operative services, and much more.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing. Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses. Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification. Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle. Relocation Assistance. Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness!
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level N/A
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work as a clinical nurse is preferred. New Grads are welcome to apply for our open house event.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.