Postdoctoral Researcher in T Cell Autoantigens in Rheumatoid Arthritis
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Solna, Rheumatology division
The Department of Medicine, Solna, is one of the largest departments at Karolinska Institutet. The department consists of several units that are separated into different research groups. The core activities of the department are research, doctoral education and undergraduate education for medical and biomedical students. The research has three main profiles: allergy, cardiovascular medicine and inflammatory diseases.
The positions will be placed within the research group of Professor Vivianne Malmström´s group, Rheumatology unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Solna.
We seek a T cell immunologist to work in a translational setting to identify T cell epitopes from RA candidate autoantigens, to establish tools for immunosurveillance of the T cell repertoire in RA patients and be involved in transcriptomic analyses of such T cells. All work will be performed within the research group of Professor Vivianne Malmström.
The candidate will also be involved in several collaborations both nationally and internationally.
Assemble HLA class II tetramers and quality assure them. Validate multiparameter flow panels for use in studies in patient samples. Summarise data, interpret and report conclusions to collaborators and draft manuscripts. Participate in scientific discussions, group activities and international congresses
- PhD in biomedicine /biology or comparable with focus on T cell immunology and autoimmunity. The candidate should be proficient in flow cytometry and have previous experience of work with HLA-tetramer technology.
- Qualified to be employed as a postdoctor is one who has obtained a doctorate or has equivalent scientific competence.
- An employment application must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- A complete curriculum vitae, including date of the thesis defence, title of the thesis, previous academic positions, academic title, current position, academic distinctions, and committee work
- A complete list of publications
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
- The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world’s leading medical universities. Its vision is to significantly contribute to the improvement of human health. Karolinska Institutet accounts for the single largest share of all academic medical research conducted in Sweden and offers the country’s broadest range of education in medicine and health sciences.
The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet selects the Nobel laureates in Physiology or Medicine.
Pursuant to the regulations of the Swedish National Archives, applications are kept on file for two years after the appointment has gained legal force. The regulations do not apply to attachments that have been printed or otherwise published.
Karolinska Institutet strives to provide a workplace that has approximately the same number of women and men, is free of discrimination and offers equal opportunity to everyone.
For temp agencies and recruiters, and to salespersons: We politely, yet firmly, decline direct contact with temp agencies and recruiters, as well as those selling additional job announcements.
Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Full time
Number of positions 1
Working hours 100
County Stockholms län
Reference number 2-857/2019
Vivianne Malmström, Vivianne Malmström email@example.com
Niklas Andersson, OFR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Biborka Bereczky Veress, SACO, 46 70-173 85 75 , email@example.com
Last application date 17.Feb.2019 11:59 PM CET