Senior Research Fellow in Health Informatics
7 days left
- Full Time
- Faculty of Health, Arts & Design
- Academic Level C – $115,855 – $133,313 + 17% super
- Full time, fixed term contract until Feb 2022
Contribute to research and innovation at Swinburne in relation to data analytics in healthcare especially focused on the acute care sector.
About the job
The Australian healthcare sector has identified data analytics and its application to multi-spectral healthcare data sets as critical to ensure important insights around quality of care, critical outcomes, length of stay and likelihood of adverse events so that problems can be identified as early as possible so that appropriate mitigation strategies can be then put in place. Furthermore, this is consistent with the goals to provide high value, high quality patient-centred care in the acute and primary care sectors.
Swinburne’s Faculty of Health, Arts and Design and the Iverson Health Innovation Research Institute together with Epworth HealthCare is committed to conducting translational research within this domain to ultimately benefit all patients so that they can have a quality patient experience and the Australian healthcare system can confidently provide high value high quality care.
As Senior Research Fellow, you will contribute significantly to research and innovation at Swinburne in relation to data analytics in healthcare especially focused on the acute care sector. You will undertake research into identifying key insights from various healthcare data sets. In addition, it is expected that you will also develop appropriate algorithms and identify optimal approaches to uncover important findings around primary drivers around critical issues including increases to clinical risks, best utilization scenarios, length of stay, readmissions and even post discharge home monitoring. As part of the role, you will also be involved in supporting and furthering research at Epworth HealthCare focused on leveraging hospital data to provide a better patient experience, high value care and quality outcomes. You will also contribute to the Iverson Health Research Innovation Institute and the goals and objectives of the Faculty.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- PhD in Health Informatics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant fields
- Demonstrated capability and track record of publications in conducting high impact research in health informatics, data analytics for healthcare, computer science, software engineering.
- Experience in working in projects with the healthcare industry or other relevant data analytics projects.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans. It can help you get the most value from what you earn.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
For further information about the position, please contact Nilmini Wickramasinghe on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5 pm, Sunday 24th February 2019.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Hawthorn