5 days left
- Full Time
- Faculty Central Office - FSET
- HEW 6, salary starting from $77,616
- Ongoing role, Hawthorn location
About the job
As one of our Research Coordinators, you will perform a range of significant research-related activities that play a key role in supporting the delivery of research outcomes. Such activities include the collection and administration of research output data, assisting research staff in the preparation of research grant and contract paperwork together with financial invoice milestone management. You will also be responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support to our Higher Degree by Research candidates and research staff.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Research Support, you will work alongside a team of Research Coordinators to ensure consistency of administrative practices, working closely with a range of research staff across each faculty.
About Swinburne and Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
In this role, you will work support our Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing (CAS). CAS’s vision is to inspire a fascination in the universe through research and education.
Their specific purpose is:
- To undertake world-leading and internationally-recognized research in astronomy and astrophysics in both the observational and theoretical domains.
- To build its research excellence upon access to the very best telescope and supercomputer facilities.
- To make the expertise, knowledge and discoveries within the Centre available world-wide through innovative on-line teaching.
- To excite and inform the public about the wonders of the universe through the production and global distribution of 3D astronomy movies.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Completion of a bachelor degree with extensive relevant executive administration experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate, liaise and work with people at all levels, both internal and external to the University with tact, maturity and appreciation of sensitive issues.
- Highly proficient computer skills, in particular MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data management systems and database applications.
- Proven Research Administration experience.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on begin at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Nadine White (Team Leader - Research Support) on 9214 5273.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com.
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday 22 February 2019