Director, Statistical Consulting Unit
Classification: Academic Level D
Salary package: $141,416 - $150,324 plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Fixed term (5 years)
- Contribute to ANU – Australia’s top university and among the top universities in the world
- An academic leadership opportunity for an experienced researcher and educator to shape the strategy and priorities of the Statistical Consulting Unit for the future
- Deliver world-class research support in statistical methods to research students, early career and established researchers and teams.
The Director will lead the Statistical Consulting Unit (SCU) to deliver world-class research support in statistical methods to research students, early career and established researchers, to meet the needs of a highly-ranked, research-intensive university.
The SCU currently delivers a combination of one-on-one consultations, small group workshops, bespoke statistical methods training in a variety of disciplines, and online courses in fundamental statistics.
This is an opportunity for an exceptional academic leader to review present practices and collaborate with innovative ANU groups to develop leading-edge biostatistics, social science statistical methods, and analytical methods for big data in an interdisciplinary context.
The SCU seeks an internationally renowned research and academic leader in the field of statistics, to join an established research unit with a strong reputation for providing expert statistical advice. In addition, the successful candidate will think creatively about business and management models in research services areas to lead technological developments in a multidisciplinary teaching and learning environment.
For more information, please contact Professor Imelda Whelehan, Dean, Higher Degree Research
Closing date: 10 March 2019
Candidate Booklet: Director SCU_Candidate Booklet.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.