Technical Support Analyst
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OF
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: 37.5 per week
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-DC:District of Columbia
Department name: 60004454-IT Operations
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The Technical Support Analyst provides computer hardware and software support at the Carey Business School, Washington DC campus during the hours 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm, Tuesday through Thursday and 8:30 am to 5:00 pm on Friday and Saturday, other days and times as needed. This position also provides physical setup and support for academic computing resources including computer hardware, software, and peripherals located in the classrooms and labs.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide daily reports to LAN Admin on current issues.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for Labs, Laptops, Desktops and mobile Devices.
- Resolve network printer problems.
- Resolve and troubleshoot workstation, network, and internet access problems.
- Assist students and faculty on the use of installed software applications.
- Provide support for Network shares by resolving user access problems.
- Provide Technical Support for evening classes and activities
- Must be able to, lift equipment up to 50lbs, do occasional work on a ladder, and support multiple floors in two buildings.
- Internal contacts required as part of the job: Students, Faculty and Staff.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred. One year related experience required.
- Additional experience preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula (30 undergraduate degree credits/semester hours or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience).
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Working Knowledge of iOS and Android OS.
- Working knowledge of MS Office 2013 and newer.
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, including version 7, 8 and 10.
- Working knowledge of MacOS.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems and make repairs.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to be pro-active in a very busy IT environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SCCM and MDT programs a plus
- Some knowledge of and experience with Windows Server Operating Systems, HP printer repair, and audio equipment setup and configuration.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information