VE Teacher, Future Social Services Institute programs
- Vocational Education Teacher, Future Social Services Institute
- Supporting an exciting new blended delivery in aged care and disability curriculum in Certificate III Individual Support
- Ensuring practical learning opportunities via work integrated learning with the Aged Care sector with class room reflections on learnings
- Convenient CBD Location in the newly established, School of Vocational Design and Social Context
- Teacher Level 5 ($90,386), Full-Time, Continuing Position
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
This position is focused on VE programs for FSSI -The Future Social Services Institute a VCOSS-RMIT partnership supported by the Victorian Government. Based at RMIT, the Institute brings together the capabilities of VCOSS and RMIT to establish deep engagement and industry led activities of the Institute and a new model of engagement, collaboration and co-design with industry, experts by experience, service users and carers
As the Lead Aged Care Vocational Education Teacher, you will be mainly responsible for the delivery of FSSI Certificate III in Individual Support in a new and unique format with an Aged Care and Disability focus with an exciting new format funded by a Workforce Training Innovation Fund Grant.
You will interact with external organisations, industry groups and RMIT teaching and administration staff. Supporting and trialling an exciting new curriculum and course material, assessing, supporting and supervising students and their progress and work integrated learning. Participating in the School's continuing reviews of course content and development, delivery, teaching methods (including on-line delivery methods) and methods of students' assessment will also form part of this role. Your performance will be underpinned by participation in relevant activities which ensure your vocational competence meets and/or exceeds the education level being delivered and assessed.
Most importantly, the Institute will be working to provide those most in need of support and assistance with the ability to pursue the lifestyle they value, through the backing of a highly skilled and growing workforce.
The Role and Your Responsibilities:
Due to sustained growth in our social economy related programs the School is requiring persons to undertake the role of VE Teacher in the highly regarded industry areas of the Ageing and Disability
Please note that salary information is no longer available from the link in our PD's, we can send this to you upon request.
Skills & Experience Required:
The successful candidate will have experience in teaching in vocational education in aged care, an engaging facilitative teaching style and possess a strong industry understanding of age care (and disability would be highly regarded). An established network in the aged care sector would also be valued. You will work closely with related industry groups to support work integrated learning as well as developing strong internal relationships with other areas within the university. It is expected that you will have the capacity to effectively coordinate curriculum areas and work effectively in the team to deliver distinctive and leading education and training.
- To be considered for this position, it is essential that candidates possess a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE40110) and have enrolled or completed the new TAE upskill units.
- For appointment at a classification of Teacher 3.1 or above, the appointee must hold a professional teaching qualification, defined as a qualification at Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level 5 Diploma or above which includes supervised teaching practice and studies in teaching methodology or equivalent qualification accepted by the University
For further information please contact Steve Bruechert VE FSSI Manager on +61 3 9925 4063.
Applications close on Sunday 24th February 2019 at 11:55 pm.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.