Research Fellow in Mechatronics
School/Department Cranfield Defence and Security
Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday
Contract type Permanent
Salary £32,656 to £36,399 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £45,499 per annum)
Apply by 24/03/2019
We are seeking a Research Fellow in Mechatronics to be responsible for:
- Conducting research and research based consultancy into the mechatronics aspects of weapon and vehicle systems.
- Contributing to the teaching of mechatronics in weapons and vehicle related subjects.
- Undertaking research and research based consultancy into military or industrial problems.
- Conducting research on vehicle data buses, Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) and vehicle cyber security related areas.
- Developing embedded systems for data acquisition, real-time processing and networking to expand the research/teaching facilities.
The post holder will have an undergraduate degree in mechatronic engineering or closely related discipline (2:1 or above) and a PhD in a mechatronics related area.
Experience of undertaking laboratory and theoretical investigations, design and development of embedded systems is essential.
Membership of a professional body, for example IMechE is desirable.
For an informal discussion, please contact Professor Amer Hameed, Head of Centre for Defence Engineering, on (T) +44 (0)1793 785020 or (E) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held 15 and 16 April 2019.
At Cranfield, we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential. We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.