Customer Operations and BTT Programme Support Executive
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 20/02/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Professional Development
The purpose of this role is to support delegates and client contacts throughout their Professional Development customer service experience by offering excellent administrative services, assisting various other departments and meeting SLA objectives.
The role is based within the Customer Operations Team in Manchester within Professional Development. The position will involve dealing with telephone and email queries from UK, EU and international law candidates, Joint Venture partners’ clients/delegates, the processing of bookings/ applications and managing various mailboxes. Responding to any queries quickly and accurately and adhering to a 24 hour SLA at all times. The role will involve implementing, organising and managing the Bar Transfer Test programme from set up to completion.
- Manage administration and service support - proactively deal with telephone enquiries and email enquiries on a daily basis on all PD Products, processing bookings, booking transfers, invoice queries and cancellations.
- Answering all associated e-mails within SLA for all inboxes which include (but is not limited to) CIMA on Demand, Insolvency, CIMA CPD, LD ICAS, Bar Transfer Test, PD E-learning and PD operations.
- Liaising with the BPP Law school and working closely with the BTT programme Director in order to offer accurate information, advice and guidance to candidates
- Update documentation for each sitting, ensuring the BPP BTT website is up to date and ensuring the manual is kept up to date and relevant
- Creating and maintaining accurate financial records
- Maintaining virtual learning environment content and supporting with set- up, organising online training sessions and providing assistance
- Proactively contacting interested candidates in order to increase BTT application figures
- Managing the set up and schedule of the BTT ; liaising with numerous departments, responding to internal queries, setting deadlines for key tasks, setting deadlines for candidates
- Organising and monitoring registration day for Bar Transfer Test candidates
- Organising rooms and equipment for the BTT registration day
- Proactively resolving any issues that arisen before, during or after a BTT sitting
- Assessing application documentation for BTT applicants involving requesting and issuing short term study visa letters to applicants
- Assessing and processing cancellations and deferrals from BTT applicants
- Communicating mock exam papers and training material to candidates
- Assist Programme Support Managers with course cancellations offering delegates an alternative solution.
- Assisting the PD Online Team, handling issues that arise providing online access details for delegates as requested.
- Assist in maintaining the Operations Team procedures manuals.
- Monitor course capacity, identifying over/under-capacity courses and initiating appropriate action.
- Check that a venue has been allocated to each event by wider BPP Teams or help to find an external venue at a competitive rate.
- Compiling daily/weekly correspondence to send to the venues and presenters
- Effectively undertake any other duties as required by the management team.
This role will require liaison with many teams not only within PD but other areas of BPP and external professional bodies. You will work closely with Product Heads, Presenters, On-Line team and the Client Operations Team on a wide range of PD products.
Knowledge, experience and skills required for role:
- Ideally educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered
- Well organised and self-disciplined, able to manage own workload and work on own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and evidence of prioritising work under such conditions
- Ability to work to very tight deadlines remaining professional and calm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level (minimum) of MS Office
- Able to be proactive and input ideas to improve procedures and processes
- Openness to new processes and willingness to change to meet business requirements
- Experience of Microsoft Outlook
- Experience of working with international students to confidently and patiently communicate application processes
- Experience/ familiarity with study visas
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of working in a university
- Experience of working with Salesforce and Banner
- Able to build good working relationships across all levels
- Good negotiation skills and excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit check and a basic disclosure