Lecturer in Forensic Science
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated position;
The position of LECTURER is offered on fixed term contract of five (5) years or pensionable terms
FACULTY OF SCIENCES
Chemical and Forensic Sciences
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
LECTURER FORENSIC SCIENCE
- A PhD in Forensic Science or MSc in Forensic Science and aPhD in a related discipline or a PhD in related discipline and professional experience in Forensic Science
- Proven knowledge and experience in Forensic criminalistics and trace evidence analysis as well as forensic science laboratory techniques and analysis in crime scene examination.
- Knowledge and experience in forensic science and criminalistics.
- Teaching experience and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students will be considered as added advantages:
- Research and publications will be considered as added advantage
- Ability to teach other topics in forensic science such as document examination, impression evidence and blood pattern analysis will be an added advantage.
KEY COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- In depth understanding of own specialization to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding within the field.
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies’ e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
- Understanding of academic management structures and their functioning
- Excellent knowledge of the international academic discipline environment.
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable
- Effective communication skills
The University offers an attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated positions please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least three (3) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
Closing date for the advertisement is 01 MARCH 2019
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Taolo or Ms. Thibelang at 4931307/ 4931311