Associate Professor in Chemical and Forensic Sciences
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated position;
The position ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR is offered on fixed term contract of five (5) years.
FACULTY OF SCIENCES
Chemical and Forensic Sciences
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR IN FORENSIC BIOLOGY
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To teach and educate undergraduate and graduate students
- Curriculum design for Forensic Sciences.
- Supervision of MSc and PhD Students
- To initiate and conduct research.
- To write research proposals and research grant applications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD in Forensic Sciences orMSc in Forensic Science and PhD in a related discipline or PhD in related discipline and professional experience in Forensic Sciences
- A minimum of six (6) years post-doctoral experience in Forensic Science teaching and research.
- Experience in design of a Forensic Science curriculum commensurate with international standards
- A record of recent and continued publications (minimum of 16 publications in reputable peer reviewed journals)
- Research in Forensic Biology
- Successful supervision of postgraduate students at the Master and Doctoral level.
- Record of attracting research grants.
- Demonstrated and sustained excellent leadership in academic and Professional field
KEY COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- In depth understanding of own specialization to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding within the field.
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies’ e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
- Understanding of academic management structures and their functioning
- Excellent knowledge of the international academic discipline environment.
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable
- Effective communication skills
The University offers an attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated positions please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least three (3) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
Closing date for the advertisement is 01 MARCH 2019
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Taolo or Ms. Thibelang at 4931307/ 4931311