- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW Scholarships is responsible for the processing of all undergraduate and postgraduate coursework scholarships (excluding the Co-op Program) for local and international students, and for assisting the University to ensure compliance with relevant financial requirements and legislation. The scholarships administered may be funded from a variety of sources, including internal UNSW funds, University Foundation, external bodies, government and industry.
UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
About the role
- $85K - $91K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time 35 hours per week
As the Scholarships Officer you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing, tracking and management of a high volume of scholarship protocols, applications, assessment, payments, records and communications.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree with two or more years subsequent relevant experience to consolidate the theories and principles learned OR Associate Diploma with at least four years relevant work experience leading to the development of broad knowledge OR an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in conjunction with excellent organisational, customer service and administration skills.
- Superior computing skills including word processing, email, databases, spreadsheets, internet applications and prior experience in the use of complex business systems such as student administration, HR and/or finance applications.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively and co-operatively in a team, preferably within a customer service or higher education environment, to positively and pro-actively achieve team goals and objectives.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people from diverse backgrounds and culture in a courteous, professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an organized, accurate manner with excellent attention to detail and experience with large-volume and peak processing periods/workflows.
- Ability to interpret policy and procedures documents, to use initiative when applying policy and guidelines, and to make positive contributions to policy, strategy and business operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision showing initiative and providing proactive support. Ability to supervise team members and provide guidance and assistance on systems and processes if required.
- Demonstrated capacity to multi-task, and contribute positively to and accept change in a dynamic working environment.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Kim Symons, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 0670
Applications close: Sunday 24 Feb 2019
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity