Executive Officer/Team Leader, Operations
- Provide high level executive support to the Pro Vice-Chancellor Engagement
- Utilise your high level administrative skills to support operational and strategic processes and projects
- Continuing, full-time appointment, located in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement is responsible for the development and implementation of ACU’s Community Engagement Strategy that includes integration of community engagement into ACU’s curriculum across all Faculties; contribution and expansion of community stakeholder relationships; and broadening and deepening community engagement as a defining representation of the University’s mission. The PVCE is also responsible for the development and implementation of strategic frameworks that implement the measurement of research engagement and impact.
Provide high level executive support to the Pro-Vice Chancellor Engagement as well as supporting key operational and strategic processes and projects and supervising administrative staff. More specifically the role includes:
- Diary management, event management, coordination of meetings and travel arrangements
- Drafting all types of correspondence, policies and reports
- Development and maintenance of robust administrative and staffing processes and procedures to support the Unit’s strategic direction
- High level secretariat support for ACU Engagement’s committees and working groups
- Monitor and report on the Unit’s budget.
You will need to have:
- Completion of a degree with relevant experience in a University setting; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Proven ability to act with discretion and sensitivity and maintain confidentiality
- Communication (both written and verbal) skills, relationship management and high level interpersonal skills
- High level organisational and time management skills and ability to work autonomously
- Strong operational and management skills with demonstrated ability to use initiative
- High Level computer literacy and advanced user knowledge of Outlook and the Microsoft Suite
- Evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $101,111 - $109,432 pa, including salary component $85,440 - $92,471 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be sent to Professor Sandra Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Wednesday 20th February at 11.55pm AEDT
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.