Administrative Assistant Senior
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position amd should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Please include examples of how you fit the required criteria.
- Verify graduation audits; process substitution and waiver memos. Scribe degree and program requirements in the degree evaluation software for annual catalogs. Process catalog changes in the student database & catalog software.
- Maintain student records: process grade changes, ASC minutes, change of majors and academic notations on the transcript; process graduation application changes.
- Verify student records for accuracy; enter academic information from archived transcripts and enter into student database.
- Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, staff and the public requiring interpretive evaluation of degree & program requirements, university, and academic records policies and procedures; work with departments to resolve graduation issues; post degrees to transcripts with honors designations; process and mail final transcripts; facilitate or assist in the resolution of problems regarding grades, credit hours and or anything relating to academic records.
- Attend Academic Standards Committee meetings as requested by the Registrar.
- Assist with Commencement ceremonies twice per year. Front counter assistance as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years of relevant administrative experience required.
- Familiarity with Banner and DegreeWorks.
- Demonstrated ability to use technical or automated business processes. Proficiency in the use of database systems, WebFocus, Imaging, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Demonstrated adaptability to change; must be detailed oriented with good proof-reading skills.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills; ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and recognize when an issue requires escalation.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program and degree requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Bachelors degree.
- Work experience in an institution of higher education.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.