Coordinator, Higher Degree by Research, Support
The role will work closely with the Faculty Associate Dean (Research) and Research Partnerships team to implement international HDR partnership agreements to ensure governance and clarity around all processes and effective communication with stakeholders.
More broadly, the role will coordinate Faculty administrative processes relating to HDR candidature, including, student recruitment, scholarship rounds, enrolment, orientation and will also contribute towards provision of a positive student experience.
To be successful, you’ll have;
- extensive experience working in the tertiary sector, in particular, in a research related field and preferably experience working with HDR students
- Experience in the development and implementation of new procedures and processes and the ability to implement governance strategies to ensure compliance with protocols and quality of outcomes
- experience in stakeholder management across all organisational levels
- the ability to provide accurate and effective communications and an understanding of confidentiality in the workplace
- the ability to identify problems, manage deadlines, adapt to changed priorities and offer sustainable, practical solutions
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- interpret and provide advice on how HDR programs relate to policy interpretation, procedures and administrative processes, including new and existing ‘in -country’ student partnerships
- coordinate tasks relating to new international ‘in-country’ HDR partnerships to ensure transparency and traceability of process and knowledge management of key documentation in accordance with respective partnership agreements
- develop new strategies to promote engagement with ‘in-country’ HDR students and their supervisors and to promote Deakin’s PhD Xtra program
- manage the faculty wide administrative process relating to HDR Candidature including the HDR expression of interest (EoI) process, scholarship allocations, enrolments, orientation program, progress monitoring, quality assurance and reporting
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly, supportive and challenging working environment. Our staff are committed to making a genuine difference to people’s lives through excellence in education and research.
We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers.
Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all of whom share a common interest in lifelong learning.
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Some of Deakin’s workplace benefits include:
- 17% superannuation
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts with third party suppliers for health insurance, car rentals IT and more
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia’s economy.
At Deakin we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. Deakin is an Employer of choice for Gender Equality, a proud member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program seeking gender equity for Women in STEMM, and a bronze award holder in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.