Student Support and Administration Officer, Nursing
- Deliver excellent client service by providing advice and information on courses to students and staff
- Administrative support for admission and enrolment processes
- Fixed term (until 31/12/2019), part-time (.4 FTE) located in Ballarat
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU College is the centre for Vocational Education and Training (VET) at Australian Catholic University (ACU). ACU is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No: 3578) delivering nationally accredited VET courses from certificate III to diploma level.
ACU College offers courses in nursing, education support, individual support, early childhood education and care, leadership and management, allied health, first aid, manual handling and CPR. Our courses are offered in Queensland New South Wales and Victoria.
Be the first point of contact providing information and advice to prospective and existing students in Ballarat. Provide efficient and effective administrative support to trainers and students undertaking nursing and other courses in Ballarat. More specifically the role entails:
- Respond to queries over the phone, email and in-person, keeping up to date with current college policies and procedures
- Administer enrolment and admission processes in collaboration with the Student Support Learning and Teaching Coordinator
- Contributing to continuous improvement by preparing and providing data, gathering student, staff and industry feedback.
You will need to have:
- A vocational qualification in administration or related area with experience in administration preferably RTO related, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels to provide excellent client service
- Attention to detail and ability to plan work activity and prioritise time and resources
- Experience in the Microsoft suite and a Student Management System (i.e. VETtrak or aXcelerate)
- Experience in State and Government funding contracts requirements for VET courses, VSL (preferred)
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $76,570 - $82,974 pa, including salary component $69,081 - $74,858 pa (Higher Education Worker Level 5), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries – Please contact Kathi Horton (03) 9953 3155
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Please note: this role will require a valid Working with Children Check for the relevant state/territory.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications Close: Sunday 17 February 2019 11:55pm (AEDT)