Lecturer in Accounting, Financial Management
Location: Fitzwilliam House
Closing date: 22/02/2019
Salary: £45,000+ (dependent on experience)
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Business and Technology
Full time position, however part time applications are welcome
BPP Business School is recruiting for an accounting faculty role to help deliver our Degree and Professional Body-related programmes. We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner experienced lecturers to bring high quality teaching and module leadership into the School.
Specifically we are seeking candidates who hold the relevant professional accounting qualifications, have practitioner experience in and are able to teach Advanced Financial Management.
The role of faculty in the Business School is to ensure that learners in the Business School receive an outstanding educational experience. This is achieved via delivery of the highest quality tuition and module leadership.
Faculty will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership, curriculum design, assessment marking, personal tuition, project supervision, managing online cohorts, undertaking scholarship work and teaching (which could be a combination of live, on line via the Adobe Connect platform and face to face delivery). Faculty are expected to assist with recruitment of students at open days as well as having involvement in ad hoc business development activities.
You will be an expert and thought leader in relevant topics within the School and will be expected to represent the School in this area through scholarship.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Be accountable for high quality module learning and resource development, using relevant professional syllabus material to create high quality, engaging teaching and learning materials, including formative multiple choice and other assessment materials.
- Develop and deliver high quality and consistent teaching materials including detailed schemes of work, topic guidance, activity checklists, content, (including webinar slides and resources).
- Provide support and guidance for the relevant teaching teams.
- Work with employers and training providers, where applicable, to manage a cohort of learners to ensure the smooth running and academic integrity of the relevant apprenticeship programmes.
- Undertake curriculum development as and when required.
- Examining, assessment and marking within the relevant programmes.
- Supervising student projects within the relevant programmes.
- Undertake scholarship activities and contribute to the research base within the School. Raise the profile of the School through attendance at conferences and externally published scholarship and research.
- Providing ongoing personal tuition support to a cohort of Business School students in line with University policy.
- Providing academic support for commercial and business development activities within the School. Ad hoc provision of client liaison and support as required.
Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
Please refer to the full job description