Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor in Atmospheric Science
Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor in Atmospheric Science, Institute for Climate and Application Research (ICAR)
Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST), founded in 1960 and renamed from Nanjing Institute of Meteorology in 2004, was designated as one of the key institutions of higher education in China in 1978, which enjoys the reputation of the cradle of Chinese meteorological talents. In 2017, the university was listed in China’s national Double First-rates universities and disciplines and was also included in the provincial high-level universities in Jiangsu province. NUIST is co-constructed by the Jiangsu Provincial People’s Government, the Ministry of Education of China (MOE), the China Meteorological Administration (CMA), the State Oceanic Administration and the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. NUIST is located in Nanjing Jiangbei New Area (National Level New Area) with convenient transportation and beautiful scenery.
After nearly 60 years of development, NUIST has established a comprehensive and coordinated discipline system of science, engineering, management, art and humanities, with atmospheric science as its core. At present, there are 6 doctoral programs, 22 master programs, 13 professional master programs and 60 bachelor programs. The discipline of Atmospheric Science ranks No. 1 in China for two consecutive rounds in the discipline evaluation by the Ministry of Education. The four disciplines of Geoscience, Engineering, Computer Science and Environmental Science and Ecology have entered top 1% ESI international discipline rankings.
There are more than 50 national talents including Academicians, winners of National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, distinguished professors of Yangtse River Scholars Program, experts of the One Thousand Talents Project, and chief scientists of National 973 Plan and over 440 provincial and ministerial talents including distinguished professors, entrepreneurship and innovation talents and renowned teachers, as well as 28 provincial Teaching and Research Teams. In 2017, the total fund for scientific research ranked 71st among China’s universities, with per capita fund ranking 36th nationwide.
NUIST endeavors to construct world first-rate discipline by attracting outstanding talents from all over the world. By launching the NUIST Changwang Talents Recruitment Program (2019), we sincerely welcome talents from every corner of the world to join us in order to seek common development. NUIST will surely offer you an extraordinarily competitive system of salaries and welfare and a broader platform for your career development.
Applicants with an interdisciplinary research background and emerging discipline are encouraged to apply.
For more information on qualifications, compensation and benefits for each programme please visit [hyperlink to NUIST Changwang Talents Recruitment]
For more details on the job vacancies, please visit:
http://rsc.nuist.edu.cn/2018/0120/c1097a89862/page.htm (Chinese version)
http://rsc.nuist.edu.cn/2018/0129/c1097a89863/page.htm (English version)
- Time: December 2018 — December 2019
- For the applicants of Changwang high-level talents (Face to Face with NUIST Presidents), please send the filled “Application Form for Face to Face with NUIST Presidents” and personal resume to email@example.com. Please write the title of the mail as “Face to Face with NUIST Presidents + Name + Affiliation + Major”. NUIST will send invitation letter to qualified applicants in time. If there is no reply from us within 7 days, please contact us by phone. (Download the document from the website: http://rsc.nuist.edu.cn/2018/0120/c1097a89862/page.htm)
- For Changwang excellent teachers and teachers for teachers’ training, please send the materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with title of the mail as “NUIST2019recruitment + applying XX School + Name”. Applicants should offer the following materials:
- Application Form for NUIST Changwang High-level Talent Introduction (Download the attached document or directly from the website: http://rsc.nuist.edu.cn/2018/0129/c1097a89863/page.htm )
- Copy of certificates for academic, degree, professional titles and awards;
- Copy of 3-5 representative papers within the latest 5 years and SCI/SSCI/CSSCI thesis retrieval reports authorized by Sci-tech novelty retrieval organization.
- For foreign teachers (non-ethnic-Chinese), Taiwan teachers and postdoctorates, please send your personal resume to Human Resources Department. In addition, postdoctoral applicants should contact the tutors of the related Schools (Disciplines) at the same time.
- Human Resources Department will select the resumes of Changwang excellent teachers and forward them to the relevant Schools. The Schools will reply to the e-mails within one week. NUIST will organize a collective interview once per month (summer and winter vocations excluded).
IV. Contact information
- Please refer to https://www.timeshighereducation.com/unijobs/minisites/nanjing-university-of-information-science-and-technology/school-contact-information/ for detailed contact information of the Schools.
- Please refer tohttps://www.timeshighereducation.com/unijobs/minisites/nanjing-university-of-information-science-and-technology/nuist-human-resources-department-/ for detailed contact information of the Human Resources Department.
For more information on qualifications, compensation and benefits for each programme please visit