Assistant Professor in Veterinary Parasitology
Closing Date 01-Mar-2019
The position is responsible to the Dean, through the Head of Department, Veterinary Science and Head of School, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry.
The appointee will be required to teach Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Parasitology as well as other Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry courses, develop undergraduate programmes, produce research publications and undertake consultancy activities in the area of expertise in the region. All activities related to teaching such as regular review of courses, upgrade of equipment and resources, development of new programmes should be carried out in a professional manner. Activities associated with tutorials, lecturing, exam paper preparation, marking are to be implemented in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University
- PhD in Veterinary Parasitology OR Masters in Veterinary Parasitology Plus Professional Qualification
- Research Active
- Should be eligible for registration as a veterinarian under the Fiji Veterinary Surgeons Act.
- Ability to take on administrative duties
- Display academic leadership
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification
- Prior teaching experience
- Demonstrates evidence of ongoing Publications in ranked journals
Salary Base salary of $56,942.00 plus 10% superannuation.
College/Division College of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry\
Department Department of Veterinary Science
Location Nausori - Koronivia
Num x 1