Professor in Mechanical Engineering
Closing Date 01-Mar-2019
The Professorship is the pinnacle of an academic career. A Professor will be known internationally in their field. They will publish in high quality, peer-reviewed international journals, are likely to have edited texts or written books in their subject of study, and be on committees/editorial boards outside the University. They will show significant academic leadership by running a research programme, which will likely involve a group of researchers, and will have collaborations outside the University and probably internationally. Professors will demonstrate evidence of leadership in curriculum/discipline development at both a national and international level, and will be good teachers with their research informing their teaching. A Professor will be involved in senior University Service – eg, they will sit on University committees that are responsible for issues such as staff appointments. The Professor is a leader of the University and a leader in their specialist field.
- PhD in the relevant field(Mechanical Engineering specialising in material engineering and Engineering Mechanics)
- Outstanding record of research and high quality publications
- Excellent record in the leadership and supervision of early and mid-career academic staff and postgraduate students
- Proven record of excellence and leadership in teaching and learning including scholarly and innovative approaches to teaching
- Demonstrated ability to design, coordinate and teach a range of undergraduate/postgraduate units including large service classes and specialised classes.
- Show significant academic leadership and be involved in senior university service.
- Track record of success in securing research funding from external sources.
- Track record of quality research supervision for higher degree postgraduate students.
- Demonstrated record or potential for writing research grants and generating research income.
- Membership of professional relevant body
Salary Base salary $109,716.00 plus 10% superannuation.
College/Division College of Engineering, Science & Technology
Department School of Mechanical Engineering
Location Suva - Samabula
Num x 1