Director, Teaching Services and Academic Engagement
- Senior Leadership role within (Go8) Group of Eight Universities
- Lead change and innovation strategies
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We drive a high performance culture and live and breathe our values: Builds Collaboration, Embraces Diversity, Displays Respect, Demonstrates Excellence and Drives Innovation.
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources, services and facilities. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes. The Library serves 3 million in-person visitors and 20 million online interactions a year. There are three library sites including Main Library, Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library (Kensington) and the Paddington Campus Library. There is a close working relationship with the Academy Library - UNSW Canberra – Australian Defence Form Academy (ADFA). The Library is a department within the Division of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic (DVCA).
About the role
- Senior Appointment
- 5 year fixed term contract
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The Director, Teaching Services and Academic Engagement is a member of the Library Executive Team and provides strategic leadership to the development and delivery of the Library’s teaching services, academic engagement programs and collection development.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification with substantial experience at a senior level or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience. Substantial prior experience at a senior level within a large academic, research or cultural institution would be considered favourably
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic relationships across the university, including senior academics
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education trends, curriculum design and digital learning pedagogies
- Demonstrated experience leading the development and delivery of expert teaching and curriculum support programs
- Demonstrated experience in developing collection development policies and practices, including selection, licensing, procurement, maintenance, review and deselection, to ensure library collections meet learning, teaching and research requirements
- Demonstrated well developed leadership and management skills applied to the operation of substantial staffing, budgetary and infrastructure resources
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to build and sustain effective, collaborative professional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, independent judgement and apply problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically, drawing on information from multiple sources
- The ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system
Please apply online and include in your application:
- Cover Letter
- Selection Criteria
- Digital Portfolio
- 3 References
Please note applications sent through to the contact below will not be accepted.
Martin Borchert, University Librarian
T: (61 2) 9385 2662
Applications close: Sunday 3rd March 2019 @ 11:45 pm
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity