Senior Human Resource Administrator
Stanford University is one of the world’s most renowned universities. Sitting in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area among the valley’s most progressive companies, the School of Medicine is seeking candidates to fulfill a highly influential role in Human Resources in the Pathology Department.
You will be working with an unparalleled leading edge community of faculty and staff that are fundamentally changing the world of health care. You will have the opportunity to influence and drive change with your innovative ideas, the ability to make a difference, and participate in human advancements. Our culture is fast paced, energetic and growing all of the time.
We offer a variety of benefits beyond traditional medical, dental, retirement and savings options:
- Events and program for children, sports camps, tuition options
- World class intellectual stimulation through learning and development classes, workshops and onsite conferences from leading edge speakers and faculty
- Work/life and family friendly policies and reimbursement
- Participation in Stanford’s social responsibility and sustainable programs for a better world
- A vibrant university culture that values the uniqueness of each individual
We are seeking candidates who are expert organizers, compliance gurus, and still have a spirit and energy to change the world.
About the Department of Pathology
Comprised of extraordinary faculty and staff, our mission is to improve the ability to diagnose, treat and understand the origin and manifestation of human disease, and to care for those who have or are at risk to develop disease. We accomplish this through our clinical services (in all fields of anatomic and clinical pathology, including molecular and genomic pathology, histocompatibility testing and transfusion medicine) and be research (which includes basic, translational and clinical research into the origins and manifestations of disease, including efforts to improve disease prediction and prevention as part of the goal of achieving precision medicine and health), and also by educating future leaders in pathology and related fields. Everything we do is to achieve the goals of providing the highest quality of clinical services to the patients for whom we passionately care, to advance our ability to understand, diagnose, monitor and ultimately to cure disease or to prevent or delay its occurrence, and to provide outstanding education and career development opportunities to those who share these goals.
For more information about the department visit http://pathology.stanford.edu/
About the Position
Stanford University is seeking a Sr. HR Administrator (HRA 2) that will act as the first point of contact for most human resources inquiries, serve as a resource to staff and faculty on human resources policies, procedures, and practices, as well as, provide human resources administrative support. This role will be part of the Pathology HR team and provide support in the areas of Job Classifications, recruitment, processes improvement, performance appraisals, employee relations, as well as supporting many other areas. Working directly under the Director of HR and Faculty Affairs Strategies, this person will need to have a strong base in HR knowledge in order to maintain a high level or HR service to the Department of Pathology.
You should be highly organized, proactive, extremely detail oriented and be able to multi-task with ease in a fast-paced environment. Regardless of your assignment, you will be expected to demonstrate strong business judgement, professional etiquette and develop program management skills. In addition to having a “can-do” attitude and pleasant demeanor, you must have extraordinary communication skills that allow you to interact with a diverse group of people.
This position will be moving to the brand new Redwood City Campus in June this year. More information on the new campus can be found here: https://redwoodcity.stanford.edu/
- Interpret human resources policies, and provide advice on human resources processes, procedures and issues. Resolve issues as appropriate and consult with and make recommendations to manager/director to resolve more complex issues.
- Facilitate the recruitment process by providing advice to hiring managers on job postings, advertising, interview questions, and reference checking. Conduct pre-screening, including sourcing and interviewing, to refer qualified applicants to hiring managers.
- Design and manage onboarding and exit processes.
- Manage HRIS data management activities, including PeopleSoft transactions. Monitor personnel action reporting to ensure data integrity and compliance, and research and resolve pay issues.
- Develop and maintain a variety of reports and queries. Analyze and monitor data to recommend and implement process and practice improvements.
- Explain applicable workers’ compensation, disability, leave policies and procedures. Manage appropriate documentation and generate related correspondence. May update reports to track leaves and maintain HRIS records.
- Coordinate the communication and management of the annual performance appraisal and salary planning processes. Gather data and/or generate reports to support the performance appraisal and salary planning processes. May conduct analysis to determine salary inequities and provide recommendations to manager/director.
- Guide managers in the process of selecting job descriptions and developing job postings.
- Act on behalf of manager/director for human resources matters in his/her absence.
- Manage the process for academic and staff appointments/reappointments and student/post-doctoral appointments. Advise on documentation requirements, including how to revise documentation to ensure all university and legal requirements are met.
- Support and/or implement compliance programs.
- Conduct research in support of workplace investigations.
- Direct the work of Human Resources Admin 1 and Admin Associate 2.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- PHR or SHRM-CP
- Highly organized and detail oriented in order to provide timely and accurate work
- Experience in an academic environment working with faculty
- Experience writing job description and classifying employees, both exempt and non-exempt
- Knowledge base of compensation procedures and theories
- Basic Employee Relations experience
- Familiarity with Visa Processing, mainly H-1B
- 1-2 years of supervision of staff
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Associate degree and four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated experience applying and interpreting human resources policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing programs and/or projects.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work independently, consistently follow through with projects and assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to independently draft effective correspondence and documentation.
- Demonstrated strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must be skilled in human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems. Experience using email and internet.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, and use a telephone.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Travel on campus to schools/units, out of town.
Please attach your cover letter with the requisition number - 81915, resume, and a reference list sheet that also lists your general availability for a phone screening in the month of February.