Stanford Travel Administrator
Job Code: 4916
Who We Are:
The Stanford Travel program provides travel services for Stanford University staff, faculty and students who are travelling on Stanford business to fulfill the University’s mission. As the Stanford Travel Administrator, you will support a best-in-class travel program and offer a high level of service to Stanford travelers and travel arrangers. This position will report to the Stanford Travel Relationship Manager.
What You’ll Do:
In this rewarding position, you will assist with the execution of a tactical plan to meet Stanford Travel program objectives. You will strive for continuous program improvements to align with policy changes, savings opportunities and travel industry enhancements. Each day brings a new set of priorities as you:
- serve as primary contact for traveler and travel arranger inquiries
- negotiate and implement preferred travel supplier agreements
- develop training materials and communications to support new products and services
- configure booking tools to incorporate Stanford messaging, resources and travel policy
- create process to track and redistribute unused airline ticket credits
- gather and analyze market share and performance reports to track progress against goals
- co-ordinate with travel suppliers to resolve customer service issues
- conduct traveler training seminars, webinars and events
- provide additional administrative support as needed
What You’ll Bring:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of business travel operations
- Proficiency in use of collaboration tools including Jabber, Zoom, Smartsheet and Salesforce
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
Our preferred requirements include:
- Global Travel Professional (GTP) certification
- Higher education experience
- Constantly perform desk-based tasks.
- Frequently walk between meetings held on the Stanford campus
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Our new Stanford Redwood City campus, scheduled to open in 2019, brings together 2,700 staff in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford’s culture and mission. The campus will offer amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your résumé and a one page cover letter along with your online application.