Senior Alumni Relations Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Hours Worked: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Work Week: Monday - Friday
Personnel Area: University Administration
Org Unit: Alumni Relations
Location: San Martin Center
The Sr. Alumni Relations Coordinator reports to the Director of Regional, Student and Young Alumni Programs. This position supports the Director and provides program assistance for the Regional, Student and Young Alumni Programs team. This position will work with team members, Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) staff, Development & Alumni Relations colleagues, and externally with volunteers and vendors. Primary responsibilities include a), general program support, b) digital engagement, c) event planning, and d) volunteer management. This position will have an additional focus on local alumni programs and initiatives
The primary duties and responsbilities of the job include:
Program Support and Digital Engagement
- Support the Director of Regional, Student and Young Alumni Programs as needed with programming and administrative tasks related to budgeting, scheduling, and reporting.
- Manage the procurement card for Regional, Student and Young Alumni Programs team; make purchases as needed and maintain receipts for reconciliation.
- Reconcile credit card statements for team members; assist with check requests, reimbursements and SAP data entry.
- Serve as a backup for event management processes, which could include the creation of event numbers, requests for e-forms, registration of guests, or preparation of event websites and email invitations.
- Manage inventory of host/speaker gifts and alumni giveaways; oversee stewardship gifts for regional and young alumni volunteer leaders.
- Oversee e-mail newsletters to include the Blue Jay Bulletin for young alumni and the Alumni Leader newsletter to current committee chairs.
- Assist with alumni database updates including the Where’s the Blue Jay campaign, a digital effort to obtain updated contact information on young alumni.
- Routinely enter notes into the Relationship Management module of the alumni database.
- Design and manage content for portions of the Office of Alumni Relations website including regional and young alumni community webpages, and the Online Toolkit for Alumni Leaders.
- Regularly promote regional and young alumni events through social media platforms (including Facebook ads).
- Serve as an administrator for GoHopOnline, the alumni association’s online networking portal; consistently engage with alumni on the site.
- Support the Alumni Journeys Travel Program as needed by answering calls, registering guests and preparing materials for travelers and hosts.
- Assist in the front office with answering calls and greeting visitors as needed.
Event Planning and Volunteer Management
- Manage smaller alumni communities (400 and under); serve as the staff liaison for volunteer leaders, assist with event planning and promotion. Manage account ledgers for these communities, tracking vendor payments, reimbursements and ticket revenue.
- Assist team members with planning alumni events in the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. areas. Plan and execute a series of events in local counties outside of metropolitan Baltimore and Washington D.C.
- Assist colleagues with venue research for events; help with contracts and catering orders as needed.
- Assist colleagues with logistical support for the Seniors and Young Alumni Symposium and Juniors and Young Alumni Seminar.
- Consistently manage multiple events and priorities in a calm and professional manner.
- Oversee set-up of on-site vendors and catering staff as needed. Staff events and manage registration tables for greeting, guest check-in, distributing name tags and materials as needed. Trouble-shoot during events to ensure that they run according to schedule.
- Collaborate on marketing and collateral pieces to include programs and invitations, as well as the Alumni Relations events website and email communications strategy per event.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Development and Alumni Relations database system known as ALADIN; specifically running queries and reports.
- Develop a proficient understanding of the Relationship Management module and add meaningful data to alumni profiles.
- Staff regional and young alumni events, Alumni Council Weekend, Homecoming/Reunion and Young Alumni Weekend activities as necessary.
- Execute other special projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Note: Position requires occasional local travel, overtime or weekend hours.
Minimum Qualifications (mandatory):
High School Diploma/GED required. Three years related experience required. Additional education may substitute for required experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula (30 undergraduate degree credits/semester hours or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience).
Bachelor's degree preferred
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience using major social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, and high level of comfort interacting in a social web environment is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially ability to explain technology to non-users are required.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and produce written communications is necessary.
- The ability to independently formulate long-range objectives, and manage varied programs and services is required.
- Flexibility is a must, as the needs for this position will rapidly evolve and change over time.
- This position must be able to set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Demonstrated organizational and decision-making skills with follow-up abilities are essential.
- This position must demonstrate a strong customer/client focus; highly developed interpersonal skills; be energetic and detail oriented.
Technical qualifications or specialized certifications:
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Word and Excel, is required. Graphic design experience with Basic HTML and CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Drupal Content Management System, and email marketing software is preferred.