Job Code: 4122
Job Grade: J
FTE: 75%, Exempt
The mission of the Center for Magnetic Nanotechnology (CMN) is to stimulate research at Stanford in the area of magnetic nanotechnology, magnetic sensing, spintronics, information storage, energy conversion, and other related emerging technologies, to facilitate collaboration between Stanford scientists and their industrial colleagues, to train well-rounded and highly skilled graduate students, and to develop curricular offerings in the relevant subjects.
The Associate Director will oversee the development of the CMN Industrial Affiliate Program. He/She will work closely with the Faculty Director to ensure that program policies on membership and procedures for working with companies are properly followed. Maintain database of member partner portfolios, contribute and/or develop progressive strategic plans towards success of the program. The Associate Director is expected to work with Faculty Director to develop an effective outreach strategy for broadening membership and increase visibility of the program, help to organize meetings for potential partnership with the program. Proficiency in composing robust strategic proposals fostering future development of organization’s affiliate program with industry. Prior experiences in semiconductor memories, spintronics, magnetics, sensors, and artificial intelligence. Prior experiences in University, Industry and Government research coordination.
CMN Website: https://nanomag.stanford.edu/
Lead and manage programs or functions under general direction of faculty or other management. Develop, implement, administer the vision, and goals of the assigned academic entity/program(s). Participate in the strategic development of the entity/program(s), long-range planning, and partnership development
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, administer, and evaluate programs, including outreach to varied stakeholders by: conducting research activities within the program; analyzing data, creating reports, reviewing trends, and making program improvement recommendations. May develop or contribute to outreach strategy related to program communications, development, partnerships, and fundraising/funding.
- Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- May teach and/or assist in teaching and administration of courses. Create and/or advise in the development of curriculum. May advise students and/or coach/mentor clients.
- Write and/or edit complex content for proposals, research grants, peer-reviewed publications, and other program activities
- Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and compliance.
- May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties.
Minimum Requirements to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Ability to develop program partnerships, secure funding sources.
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
- Ability to oversee and direct staff.
- Basic knowledge of managing budgets and developing financial plans.
Preferred Requirements include:
- Advanced degree in an engineering discipline is desirable.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours, evening, or weekends.
- May travel locally.
- Occasional overnight travel.
Why Stanford is for you:
- Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ride sharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.