Biostatistician Position in Biostatistics
1 day left
- Full Time
Karolinska Institutet, The Institute of Environmental Medicine
The Institute of Environmental Medicine (IMM) is a department at Karolinska Institutet and an interdisciplinary research institution within the broad field of environmental medicine. IMM conducts cutting edge research within the areas of environmental and occupational medicine, toxicology, physiology, epidemiology, and biostatistics with the aim to clarify how environmental and lifestyle factors affect our health and which role genes have. IMM also serves as a scientific advisor to public authorities within the area of environmental medicine and IMM scientists participate in national and international expert groups.
Unit of Biostatistics
The Unit of Biostatistics aims to contribute toward solving health problems and disseminating knowledge and culture of biostatistics at Karolinska Institutet and worldwide. Research, teaching, and collaboration with other researchers are essential parts of its mission.
The Unit was established in 2010 at IMM and is responsible for the Karolinska Institutet Biostatistics Core Facility. The Unit seeks one or two qualified biostatisticians for new full time positions.
The new biostatisticians will provide statistical support to the Karolinska Institutet Biostatistics Core Facility. The new biostatisticians will participate in
- planning and designing of research studies
- statistical analyses and programming
- interpretation and dissemination of scientific results
- data management in collaboration with database developers
The Unit of Biostatistics can provide excellent support and an ideal environment for the new biostatisticians to thrive as researchers and collaborators. The new biostatisticians will be offered the opportunity to be involved in the activities of the Unit of Biostatistics at Karolinska Institutet.
- A degree in biostatistics, statistics, applied mathematics, or related field is expected. Knowledge of some statistical software (e.g. SAS, Stata, SPSS, R, S-plus) is required. Communication skills are important, as the positions will involve collaborating with non-statistical researchers. The candidate also need to be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time is necessary.
- Interest in professional development in biostatistics is appreciated. Previous experience in research or consulting in some public-health-related area is desirable but not required.
- The application for the positions must contain the following documents in English or Swedish:
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including achieved education degrees with dates, current employment position, previous positions, teaching experience, service work, honors and awards, and a complete list of publications and documented research activities
- A summary of current work (no more than one page)
- A statement of purpose (no more than one page)
- Contact information to at least two references
- The application must be made through the Varbi recruitment system.
In the case of permanent employment, Karolinska Institutet applies 6 months of probation employment.
For more information
Type of employment Temporary position longer than 6 months
Contract type Full time
First day of employment According to agreement
Salary Monthly salary
County Stockholms län
Reference number 2-641/2019
Matteo Bottai, Professor , firstname.lastname@example.org
Biborka Bereczky Veress, SACO, 070-173 85 75 , email@example.com
Anne Boström, SEKO, 08-524 875 79, firstname.lastname@example.org
Niklas Andersson. OFR , 08-524 874 19, email@example.com
Last application date 21.Feb.2019 11:59 PM CET