Administrative Assistant, Support Unit, PED Bone Marrow
SUPPORT UNIT, PED BONE MARROW
In support of a department or group of professionals, regularly required to resolve moderately complex (non-routine) administrative problems independently or with others. Problem resolution may include research. Tasks are typically diverse and advanced.
- In addition to tasks outlined in the Administrative Clerk description, examples of work at this level may typically include some combination of the following:
- Independently prepare more complex documentation, reports, charts, graphs, and spreadsheets at designate intervals and as requested.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Research budget variance and follow up to resolve issues.
- Develop advanced presentation materials.
- Prioritize and resolve inquiries (phone, e-mail, in person).
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinate related arrangements. Act as a liaison between the department and external groups.
- Explain policy/procedures to other parties based on knowledge of the company and department guidelines. Collect,compile and analyze moderately complex data and information.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Creatively uses PC, word processing and other office tools. Thorough knowledge of department policies, procedures, and goals.
Job Code 4001 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Requisition Number 401550445
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Family Level C2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
High school education or equivalent.
Two years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID