Assistant Manager of Administration
1 day left
- Full Time
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: 18 February 2019
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The Assistant Manager of Administration will manage and coordinate day to day administrative and logistical activities of UCA Tajikistan in an effective way as to allow efficient and smooth implementation of operations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and ensure various administrative and other logistical related arrangements for UCA staff, guests, between programmes and with other agencies for travel within Tajikistan, for any international traveling needs in an effective way on regular basis;
- Manage administrative functions according to the approved systems/procedures and where necessary make suggestions for improvement of the system/work out appropriate procedure for effective and smooth operation of functions;
- Work with relevant staff to identify needs and manage procurement of orders for all programmes of UCA Tajikistan and Afghanistan in line with the UCA Procurement policy;
- Be responsible for the whole vehicle and generator operation according to approved procedures. Prepare fuel usage reports in collaboration with Finance;
- Ensure maximum security of the staff and assets and provide advice for their safety and security, work closely with Chief of Security and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) Security Coordinator;
- Co-ordinate and follow up with the procedure in arranging visas, obtaining international passports, permission for staff travel, issues with local authority, etc;
- Establish financial requirements or projections as and when requested for Administrative and Logistical part of the UCA programmes;
- Prepare administrative service contracts, act/deed of completed service;
- Deal with government agencies on UCA issues related to celebration of national holidays and state initiative of territories improvement, exhibitions and fairs, etc;
- Identify and rationalize career and training opportunities/needs for subordinate staff;
- Oversee inventory management of the equipment and goods. Compose deeds and manage writing off failed equipment and broken furniture, sell long lying items in the stock; and
- Handle the matters of general office administration and staff matters including participation in staff recruitment and selection of staff.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in a relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years of successful track record in a similar role;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Russian and Tajik languages;
- Highly motivated with strong organisational skills;
- Strong communication and leadership skills;
- Computer literacy: MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, Internet and email.
How to Apply To apply for the position, please visit the AKDN Career Centre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.