Location Doha, QA
Department Name KINDI Center for Computing Research - College of Engineering
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Duties & Responsibilities
To monitor, maintain, install, and support networked servers,computer systems, peripheral equipment, and High Performance Computing infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support, training, and assistance to faculty, researchers, staff and students in a lab environment.
- Analyzes problems and implements solutions according to Center guidelines and procedures.
- Performs network and server administrator duties, and assures system stability,accessibility, and proper configuration of assigned technical systems and components.
- Performs computer trouble-shooting to diagnose system problems.
- Maintains the center website.
- Maintains,repairs and updates machines, servers, equipment, and peripherals Researches and tests new software.
- Installs software upgrades and enhancements.
- Uses imaging software to create and deploy desktop computers.
- Enrolls students, faculty, and staff in tutorial applications and domain services as required.
- Responds to the needs and inquiries of faculty, researchers, staff and students.
- Explains IT issues, deploys solutions, and follows up with users to assure the stability and functionality of the users' systems.
- Provides technical support to students and instructors to assist in the training of students, faculty, and staff on software applications usage.
- Facilitates one-on-one instruction and group workshops.
- Update and manage Inventory Tracking System and Management of all lab equipment.
- Ensure to rack, install and remove lab equipment within set area.
- Provide assistance for all-purpose lab infrastructure.
- Provide top tier specialized IT services and required support documentation.
- Help to attain comprehensive support by providing analytical services and expert technical.
- Responsible for ensuring that all computer and electrical equipment is installed and operated in accordance with recognized safety standards.
- Organize and store equipment and supplies in the lab.
- Responsible for regular and required maintenance and scheduling of equipment calibration.
- Perform approved tests and tasks as required and requested.
- Includes prototype testing, material tensile tests, product testing and project building.
- Provide guidance in maintaining a safe, clean, and organized working environment.
- Write specifications for Procurement and vendors as necessary for lab equipment.
- Participate in the planning, design and construction of new lab facilities and major renovations.
- Comply with safety programs and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor in computer science/engineering, electrical engineering, or related area.
- Required skills include ability to install and maintain computer hardware and software, ability to trouble shoot and repair electrical/electronic/digital control equipment and measurements instruments, ability to understand and apply both state and national electrical safety codes, and managing equipment and supply budgets.
- Minimum 3 years or related experience in a Research environment required.
- Skills in maintenance and repair of research lab equipment.
- Provide ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to adapt and be creative to resolve problems.
- Capability to use applicable scientific rules and methods to resolve problems.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English, both written and spoken.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 28-Feb-2019