DHTS Systems Analyst
The System Analyst specializes in server, storage, and backup maintenance and management. The System Analyst will provide infrastructure support, and work closely with the Operations Center, Networking, Database, and other infrastructure support groups.
In addition to the duties described for the Associate, the Intermediate will:
- Participate and contribute in technology planning sessions.
- Enhance systems management tools and procedures, with a specific focus of leveraging the Tivoli Framework.
- Provide support for technical escalation of IT issues, supporting both application and operational teams through systems analysis, diagnosis, trouble-shooting, performance analysis and resolution.
- Develop knowledge base articles and work instructions for use by department and inclusion into Service Now.
- Responsible for monitoring of processes, system triage and recovery, providing advanced technical management for all Windows and/or UNIX based systems within the Duke infrastructure, systems analysis and diagnosis, troubleshooting, performance analysis and resolution.
- Responsible for consulting, designing, implementing and documenting standard and custom solutions based on customer requirements.
- Provide technical mentorship to team members, peers, and management.
Required Qualifications at this Level Education/Training:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
- VMWare, Microsoft Server, Red-Hat Linux, and/or AIX certification(s) preferred.
- A+, Security+, and or Network+ certification(s) preferred.
- Two years of related experience in the areas listed below is required. Microcomputer skills (including Windows 2000, XP, and 7). Microsoft Office application suite. Server administration (Windows, Red Hat Linux, and/or AIX). Experience configuring and installing servers used in mid-size networks (100 - 1000 users). Windows, UNIX, VMware and Citrix. Tivoli's Inventory, Distributed Monitoring, TEC, Remote Control applications. SAN and NAS technologies such as EMC, IBM, and HP EVA. LEVEL 2:
- In addition to the KSAs described for the Associate, the Intermediate will demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge of IBM Director and/or HP Insight Manager.
- Proficient with incident and problem management.
- Proficient with configuration management.
- Proficient with change control policies and procedures.
- Strong business skills with an attention to end user and customer satisfaction.
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: VMWare, Microsoft Server, Red-Hat Linux, and/or AIX certification(s) preferred. A+, Security+, and or Network+ certification(s) preferred.
LEVEL 2: Two years of related experience in the areas listed below is required. - Microcomputer skills (including Windows 2000, XP, and 7). - Microsoft Office application suite. - Server administration (Windows, Red Hat Linux, and/or AIX). - Experience configuring and installing servers used in mid-size networks (100 - 1000 users). - Windows, UNIX, VMware and Citrix. - Tivoli's Inventory, Distributed Monitoring, TEC, Remote Control applications. - SAN and NAS technologies such as EMC, IBM, and HP EVA. LEVEL 3: Four years of operational experience in the following areas is required: - Multiple storage technologies and SAN. - Design, implementation and maintenance, specifically in AIX, LINUX and Windows. - Virtualization - Systems and application monitoring and management tools, such as Tivoli.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications