Research Associate, School of Physics
7 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Physics operates within the UNSW’s Faculty of Science. We have a strong teaching and research culture and our staff is conducting research in astrophysics, physics, theoretical physics, acoustics, and biophysics. Currently the School has some 30 permanent academic staff, approximately 50 research staff and 15 support staff.
About the role
- $75K-$100K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term – 3 years
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The aim of the project is to perform theoretical research that provides substantial new insight into condensed matter systems, with a particular focus on theoretical problems relevant to the development of solid-state quantum information processing devices. The role of research Associate will work on research topics with direct relevance to experiments.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A PhD in the relevant discipline and an appropriate level of relevant publications.
- Demonstrated experience in condensed matter physics and/or quantum information science.
- Demonstrated experience in theoretical techniques and scientific communication.
- Demonstrated capability to produce high quality research publications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a research team and to contribute to the broader intellectual environment of the School of Physics.
- Willing to travel overseas for conferences or collaborative research.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: February 28th, 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).