6 days left
- Full Time
Information Technology, Operations
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: Position open until filled
Deadline: December 19th 2018. Applications will be reviewed when received, and the position is open until filled
Summary of the Position
As part of the development team, UCA is looking for a new team member to lead our web development/expansion and manage the university website www.ucentralasia.org. His/her main mission will be to maintain and evolve the website into a fully managed University website. Our new Webmaster will work in an innovative and dynamic environment from our central office in Bishkek within a lean and reactive team of experts in IT operations, Software development and working closely with Advancement and Public Affairs department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the Webmaster is to:
- Drive the overall design and daily operations of the website and other online activities;
- Manage www.ucentralasia.org, UCA's website, lead the innovation and evolution of our main website;
- Work closely with senior management to increase the efficiency of website;
- Plan, define and implement website changes and functional improvements;
- Maintain and update the online marketing plan for the website;
- Monitor key performance indicators on the website and develop plans to improve them;
- Keep an eye on web trends, propose evolutions, develop and migrate websites (incl. DB migration);
- Develop events or operations based mini websites to promote University mission;
- Manage the web updates, consistency, security and maintenance;
- Update website content and review Search Engine Optimization (SEO);
- Actively support the website;
- Work closely with Advancement and Public Affairs staff to obtain and upload website content regularly;
- Monitor and analyze site performance (e.g. traffic, conversions);
- Perform daily system monitoring, verification of the integrity/ availability of all technology-based tools, monitoring of critical system logs such as cloud-based applications or backup and business continuity systems;
- Research, evaluate and recommend system technologies to support business requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences / Information Technology or related discipline;
- 3-5 years related work experience in a web management.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Excellent customer service skills, with an aptitude to learn and improve services;
- Good understanding of technology and demonstrated IT management;
- Good team player with the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues;
- Adaptability and willingness to learn quickly and to train others and share knowledge on projects;
- Good communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including creation of formal documentation;
- Willing to work with and learn new technologies and services as they are released and implemented.
- Good command of written and spoken English is a requirement. Knowledge of Kazakh/Kyrgyz/Tajik and Russian is added value.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org”. Applications will be reviewed when received, and the position is open until filled. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Webmaster”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Webmaster
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly