Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10001470-Communications
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The Marketing Coordinator provides day-to-day support to the Whiting School’s Marketing and Communications team. The Marketing Coordinator has responsibility for a broad range of marketing and communications tasks in support of recruitment efforts, raising awareness and brand profile, and engaging a variety of audiences. Ability to travel as needed. Some evening, weekend and holiday work may be required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development of marketing materials and plans in support of the Whiting school’s overall marketing and recruitment efforts, as well as the school’s departments, centers and institutes.
- Serve as the Marketing and Communications Office’s liaison to school departments, centers and institutes to sort, assess and project manage required marketing and communications projects.
- Write content for and support the creation of printed and digital marketing materials for school departments and other audiences, such as prospective students and faculty.
- Provide day-to-day support and development of written and visual content for the school and department websites and social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Assist school and departments with social media efforts to meet marketing goals with an emphasis on audience growth; utilize analytics and established KPI’s to evaluate performance and refine approach as needed.
- Update various websites, including content and images, across the school and support the school’s overall digital content strategy efforts.
- Create and deploy digital assets in support of marketing, communications and recruitment efforts, including e-newsletters, recruitment emails, display ads, etc.
- Coordinate information flow and distribution of information to various audiences via email lists, electronic newsletters, conference handouts, and related materials.
- Compile analytics for digital efforts and support the creation and coordination of marketing performance reports.
- Develop and create instructional and promotional content that incorporates images/image galleries, video, slideshows, and other multimedia elements as appropriate.
- Support marketing and communications team at conferences and with event planning/participation.
- Work with external vendors for graphic design services, printing, promotional materials, marketing automation services, and others as applicable.
- General marketing support for Marketing and Communications team as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years related experience required.
- Three years of marketing, communications or public relations work experience preferred.
- Prior experience in marketing/communications setting.
- Social media, graphic design, project management certifications.
- Experience with events, media and public relations is a plus.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an exceptional ability to communicate through written materials and the ability to translate technical concepts into broadly accessible content.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly learn new subjects in a fast changing industry, and absorb new information.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent editing and writing skills and the ability to write and edit for multiple marketing channels.
- Project management skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and creative, and able to multi-task without losing sight of the goals.
- Requires a basic understanding of digital and social media, experience with CMS, and at a minimum, working knowledge of graphic design programs.
- Experience developing and deploying web, social, email, and print content is required.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of graphic design and desktop publishing, preferably Microsoft Publisher and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with website development and maintenance, information architecture, content management systems, HTML.
- Working knowledge of social media and Google analytics; knowledge of developing and implementing Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Any Specific Physical Requirements for the Job:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. for short distances.
- Must be able to sit or stand for one to three hours.
- Must be able to maneuver public transportation and/or transport oneself to various off-site locations.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information