Revenue Cycle Auditor
The Quality Control department provides key support to the revenue cycle departments with a focus on documenting operational processes and internal controls. Key operational process and control activities identified around compliance, reporting, and operational areas are subject to a review to ensure operational efforts are occurring within a well-controlled environment.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
Primarily responsible for assessing business processes and performing tests over compliance, reporting and operational processes and control activities.
Focus will be on verifying that processes and control activities are designed appropriately and operating effectively and efficiently through the performance of walk through’s, inquiry of personnel, observation of operations, inspection of relevant documents, and re-performance of the process and control activity.
(90%) Collaborate with leadership to ensure an appropriate risk based approach to internal control audits.
- Work with departmental management to develop and update internal control documentation (process narratives, risk control matrices, etc.) periodically to ensure key processes and controls activities have been identified.
- Perform a comprehensive and ongoing evaluation and documentation of operational processes and key internal controls.
- Develop test plans to verify effectiveness, accuracy, and completeness for specific processes and control activities.
- Perform audits on an ongoing basis ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and established PRMO policies and procedures.
- Prepare accurate and thorough work papers and audit documentation to support the audit findings.
- Identify process / control activity deficiencies and recommend remediation to strengthen the control environment.
- Engage with process owners and management in the timely remediation of all deficiencies.
- Identify root-cause of audit issues identified and process anomalies as determined through testing procedures.
- Perform routine review of audit outcomes with leadership of assigned departments.
- Prepare and present management reports that accurately and concisely reflect audit results.
- Effectively present findings in both face-to-face and small group settings with peers and management.
- Identify, as a result of internal control audits performed, additional process improvement opportunities and assist in the redesign of those processes.
- Perform proper planning to execute the required audit procedures by established deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Be able to prioritize assignments, apply sample size guidelines appropriately and provide constant and clear feedback to management and the process owners.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, business process owners, management and other customers.
- Review revenue cycle policies and procedures, providing timely and appropriate feedback to departmental management.
(5%) Participate in integrated audits, process redesign efforts, and other projects as requested.
(5%) Engage in continuous professional development through Duke, PRMO, and industry trainings.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certifications
CPA or CIA or other relevant professional certification is strongly preferred.
Duke Entity PRMO
Job Family Level F2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field. CPA is desirable.
Work requires four years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications